chirping noises?

MDxSaints

Beta member
hey ive been reading up online and its all pointing to that my hard drive is shot or something. but the chirping noise is every ten minutes. the laptop im on is an inspiron 1720. i just got it in may and its been running fine. Norton hasnt picked up anything and neither has my spybot. but the noises are like squawking sounds if that helps anyone lol. sorry if this post is in the wrong spot but im just really worried bc my rents will kill me if theres something wrong with my computer.

thx for veiwing and responding

definitely sounds like the harddrive. And there aren't many moving parts anyway, so it has to the harddrive or one of the fans. And since it's not continuous that pretty much eliminates the fan possibility.

Find the manufacturer of the harddrive and go to their website to download a diagnostics program. It should tell you if there is something wrong with the hdd.

320GB Sata hard drive 7200 rpm

this is the hard drive i have... i looked around but couldnt find anything. if anyone knows the site to download the diagnose thing please tell me. Thanks

try this, click on download on the left side of the screen, it's a good diagnostic tool for hdds, though I don't know if it'll tell you what's wrong...

hdtune

Back
Top Bottom