What are your religious views?

Good points, which I respect. And I suppose it would prove to be rather difficult to prove the existence of God, just as hard as it is to prove there isn't one. I suppose we'll all find out when we die:p

But also, "God" doesn't send a person to heaven or hell...people choose which side of the gulf they want to be on by the choices they make in life. That's not saying that babies, special needs people or people who never had a chance go to hell, the bible doesn't say that. People who have had many chances and heard the gospel many times but still refuse may go to hell, I wouldn't want to believe in a God who sent babies to hell.

And God doesn't demand love or people to follow him...it wouldn't be love if he did, if forced love is what God wanted he should have just made robots who would do nothing but say how great he is. They would probably have been better stewards of the earth if he did. Parents can't force their children to love them because it wouldn't really be love.

On a side note, I enjoy threads like this, open ended debates with people who hold different views and coming from all walks of life and such. Makes me glad that threads like this can stay open because people don't have a caps screaming war.

But why would a loving God send people to Hell for making a mistake? Why would he send us to infinite torture for finite "crimes"?

In fact, why would a loving God send people to Hell period?

But why would a loving God send people to Hell for making a mistake? Why would he send us to infinite torture for finite "crimes"?

It's only if you purposely choose to go against what God teaches and wants you to do, and you don't have any remorse.

If you feel bad about it and ask for forgiveness, then you get a clean slate again.

It's only if you purposely choose to go against what God teaches and wants you to do, and you don't have any remorse.

If you feel bad about it and ask for forgiveness, then you get a clean slate again.

i dont think a priest or someone that you can confess to is authorized to forgive you. Christianity has become too lenient and having the idea that you can get a clean slate just for confessing just emphasizes the fact that christians are only christians because they are afraid of death.

i dont think a priest or someone that you can confess to is authorized to forgive you. Christianity has become too lenient and having the idea that you can get a clean slate just for confessing just emphasizes the fact that christians are only christians because they are afraid of death.
You don't get it just for confessing. You also have to make amends and truly be sorry for it. If you're not actually sorry, then it doesn't work. And for example, if you stole something, you'd have to return it.

You don't get it just for confessing. You also have to make amends and truly be sorry for it. If you're not actually sorry, then it doesn't work. And for example, if you stole something, you'd have to return it.

so can u confess a murder with evil intentions and get a clean slate?

Again, God doesn't send people to hell...people send themselves there, it's like if a person stole from others his whole life, only to be arrested and when asked about his crimes openly admitted to them, he obviously can expect to pay for his choices and is sentenced, but then after the verdict is delivered he whines about being sent to prison asking why can't he be set free? if that happened in the media today I think people would have little pitty on the man and think he is getting what he deserved, why not the same with God?

Actions have consequences and everything people do, and every choice will ultimately affect others. But you may wonder what if a good man lives his life helping others? gives every cent to charity and in just a super citizen but is not a believer? in God's eyes sin is sin...big sin, little sin its still sin.

For example, let's say two employees work at Wal-Mart. One steals pencils, pens, paper, food every now and them from the store. Little stuff he doesn't need but takes just for the hell of it. But the other employee is stealing things like CDs, DVDs, Cameras, Ipods every night just for the hell of it which would you think of as being the more criminal?

Truth is they are both just as guilty, the size and price of the items don't mean jack squat because it's like the bible says in 1st Samuel 16:7

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

-1st Samuel 16:7

And in the eyes of a perfect God anything less than perfect is just that...less, it's not perfect; it's lacking in something. No man can enter heaven by his own works no matter how many he has...granted, the bible says the good deeds you do knit your clothes in heaven. But they in themselves aren't a free pass into heaven.

meh.. i do alot of charity work, and im not religous.. i think that when you die you either get burnt.. or put in a box and eaten by worms, nothing else after that.. no heaven or hell.. nothing.. but i still do my charity work (animal charity, not human charity)

in my eyes.. there is no god, there is nothing else.. you come onto this earth, you serve your time, then you die.. nothing else.. just make the most of what you can achieve in the short time you are on this planet..

For example, let's say two employees work at Wal-Mart. One steals pencils, pens, paper, food every now and them from the store. Little stuff he doesn't need but takes just for the hell of it. But the other employee is stealing things like CDs, DVDs, Cameras, Ipods every night just for the hell of it which would you think of as being the more criminal?

So I am going to hell because I steal post it notes and pencils? That's the first Ive heard that!

ya so there are illegal immigrants in the United States. I still don't see it as being the condemnation of America.

So I am going to hell because I steal post it notes and pencils? That's the first Ive heard that!

Haha burn you post it note thief:p

I don't mean the actual items, I just mean that whether a person is stealing big things or small things it doesn't matter, when your stealing for the hell of it neither is worse than the other.

Back
Top Bottom