I think i have spyware, please help..

HELLPME

Beta member
Last night i was on my computer and i had recently Torrented some softsynths. They seemed fine but they werent making noisem so i decided to remove them from my computer, i used the link it showed in the start bar, not add/remove programs (stupid i know) and then it seemed to go fine, after this however, my computer starting doing some strange things, My task bar would disappear and it would be completely blank (no shown programs or any icons next to the clock) Eventually they would slowly come back up. Then my msn messenger started to disapear every now and then. So decided it might be time to run ad aware. But when i opened it, it said that th definitions file was corrupted or missing. So i tried to go on lavasoft to download the newest version. upon downloading the setup.exe, i tried to run it but it told me the paging file was too small. I got frustrated and restarted my computer. When i tried to start it up again it told me that userinit.exe wouldnt work and that press OK to abort. Now the taskbar does not show up. I can CTRL ALT DEL but thats it.
I read that reloading XP might be the only way but i have quite a lot of stuff i'd rather keep, such as my music or some of my memorable pictures. If this is impossible it will be ok.

thanks,

Get COMODO Firewall, run the spyware search, then get Spybot Search & Destroy, do the same. Oh, and make sure to update them. If you're still having problems, come back.

I think that you need to change your security system. I use northon and it is the best one I have ever used.

Hi HELLPME, what I would suggest you is to download AVG or AVAST, they are both free software and they are the most frequently used by users, more than NOD32 and Norton together... After, make checks on a regular basis for a constant lookout :)

Hi HELLPME, what I would suggest you is to download AVG or AVAST, they are both free software and they are the most frequently used by users, more than NOD32 and Norton together... After, make checks on a regular basis for a constant lookout :)

cuz avg and avast are free? duh.

Back
Top Bottom