Need help choosing a cooling system for my comp.

Combatspace

Baseband Member
I'm just going to make this quick, I searched all over Newegg.com for cooling systems and found very few that were relatively cheap and had decent reviews. I'm not overclocking my PC at all, so I don't need anything real fancy, I just want to rid my noisy comp of the two 120 mm fans, two 30 mm fans and the 40 mm CPU fan that is on my Intel Pentium D.

Just some quick specs for ya:
Intel Pentium D processor (3.4 GHz)
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard
1 GB A-Data RAM sticks (2x)
40 GB HDD (with additional 320 GB external HDD)
GeForce 7300 GTX (i think...) and Radeon 7500 All-in-Wonder GPU's
Dual monitor setup
Saitek Eclipse II usb keyboard
Logitech Mx 310 Optical Mouse
oh and the fans: 120 mm (2x) 30 mm (2x) 40 mm CPU fan.

All in all, the system runs at roughly 40 degrees Celcius, but the Geforce GPU runs at a dangerous 60+ degrees.

60c is cool for a GPU, you have nothing to worry about.

Very true, my 4850 runs at a warm 80-82 degrees when running a GPU folding client with 27-30% fan speed. Just got an akasa Vortexx neo gpu 2 slot cooler for it today so that should sort that out.

For a long time I was worried. My Speedfan readings were telling me that the core for my 7300 was running at a fiery 60 degrees, and since the little icon beside the temp was red I was a little o_O and kinda t('o't)

I took a look at the products you guiys suggested, and was surprised. Although, the Accelero probably wouldn't fit on my Mobo...there's a lot of stuff that would prolly get in the way. Thanks for the advice everyone!

You don't really need a new cooler. All you need is a fan controller to lower the speed or even turn off the fans that are already there.

I just kinda want to get some of the fans out of my comp, you know?

Oh, I just remembered there was this one cooling tower that got rave reviews. It was large enough to mount a 120 mm fan on either side but I cannot remember what it was or who it was made by. Any ideas?

Most coolers that can house a 120MM fan can have fans mounted on both sides. It could be the Thermalright Utra 120 Extreme, but that's the second most expensive one out there.

Do you know specifically which fans are loud? I Doubt it's all of them, most 120MM fans are quiet unless yours came with a high speed model of some kind.

I have these two 120 mm, not sure what model, but made by Yate Loon Electronics that pull a good 74cfms each. My bro got a bunch of them for his rig's radiator and i bought them offa him for like 5 bucks each...I doubt that's gonna help you though... o_O

Back
Top Bottom