Unable to log in to Windows. PLEASE HELP!!!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
To those you who know me, know that im not in a habit making double post/thread's but this time I desperately need your help. I need to fix this today, I'm in a lot of trouble here I am unable to log in to my Vista 64bit Ultimate account & I have vital project that I need to finish.

Please read thru everything as I have only put relevant information regarding this problem.

Yesterday after I back home from work I tried to log in to my PC as I always do. To my surprise it wouldn't accept my windows Login password. I know it's not my Caps Lock and I know it's not my keyboard. I also know no one changed it from my family. Last night I stayed up until 4am trying to by pass it (only gat 3h of sleep today, I'm at work)

Here is what I tried to resolve the issue:

1st I tried to do “System restore” tried it for 2 different days, but no luck. (The restore was successful however)
2nd I tried doing a boot CD to crack the pass, using 2 different programs from 2 different websites.
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
&
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/gr/ophcrack.htm (Ophcrack Live CD) this program was definitely working, until it told me that “No HASH file was found” that is where the passwords are being stored.

Here is my setup. I have Vista Ultimate 64bit (that I need the pass for) I only have one user account for it(Main). I also have a dual XP boot on the same drive (just fyi its in raid-0) I am able to get to the XP and can see all my Vista's files. Is there something that maybe I can change in the directory to change or make my password working? Like I sad I can see the Vistas files from XP. Someone also told me If I would to boot using “safe mode” I would log in as “Administrator” and will not have to enter the pass (im at work now so cant try it) is that true? If so, I can then change my password that way right?

“Please Obe one Kenobi you are my only hope”

Have you tried logging in via safe mode to the administrator account. This only works if you don't have a password set (or know it I guess). We used to use it in our computer shop to get into computers when people forgot to give us the password and we couldn't get a hold of them. You can log into that account and either change or remove the password from the user account.

I know for sure I never set any administrator account passwords. So if Il boot via safe mode il be able to change it? Will it ask me for my current pass first in order to change it?

Somehow this sounds way to easy... I spend about 7h non stop last night trying to crack this thing. I really really hope you are right, but for the time being I would really appreciate if people would keep on posting just incase this doesn't work, so that il have more options on my hands.

Thanks

I used to do it in XP all the time. The administrator account should be available to log into in safe mode. Log in there and go to users, select your account and reset the password. Unless they drastically changed vista in that respect you shouldn't have a problem. I guess I haven't actually tried it, but everything seems to be set up the same way. Hopefully that works for you. Otherwise the 2 above would have been my next tries, odd how they didn't work at all though.

I always used to boot to safe mod my goint run-msconfig and check off "safe mod" I honestly forgat how to do it on boot up. Its F8 right? When exactly do I need to press it? and Do u know how I can get to a comman prompt as well? there is somethimng I want to try if it fails.

Thanks

Have you tried logging in via safe mode to the administrator account.
That does not work in vista. There is no administrator account, only the accounts you've created.

I always used to boot to safe mod my goint run-msconfig and check off "safe mod" I honestly forgat how to do it on boot up. Its F8 right? When exactly do I need to press it? and Do u know how I can get to a comman prompt as well? there is somethimng I want to try if it fails.

Thanks

Yes, it's F8. Press it as the computer's turning on and as it starts to boot up it'll register and give you the prompt. Like I said above though, It won't work. Vista does not have that admin account that you would need.

Did you happen to make a password recovery disk?

O man this is bad!

No celegorm no recovery disk.

Any other methods guys? like how would this happen....(dont actually care now...) Any other options I might of missed?

Are you sure the keyboard language has not been changed, have you tried using the on-screen keyboard?

If this fails, you can do a reinstall, and you will be given the option to keep your old files. These files will be stored in "Windows old" so you would not lose your work.

Are you sure the keyboard language has not been changed, have you tried using the on-screen keyboard?

If this fails, you can do a reinstall, and you will be given the option to keep your old files. These files will be stored in "Windows old" so you would not lose your work.

Ya I checked the keyboard it wasn't it. I didn't know about keeping ur old files option, that's cool. Thanks for looking in 2 it m8.

Last night I was about to start reinstalling, but decided to taker my pc overnight to this guys I know to take a look at it. One hour after I brought it to him, he calls me and telling me its all done and that I can pick it up tomorrow :) He didn't tell me how he did it, I will ask him today again tho. Im just happy he fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom