Admin/Password Question

MrNah

Beta member
Hey all.
I've recently hooked up a wireless router in my house.
I am running windows vista and in the network browser i can see everyone who is connected to my wireless router. There of course all my computers however I dont exactly remember the user name and password i put on my computer when i bought it! does anyone know how to find your username and password on your computer?

naw i need to find my computers user name and password
When i try to access another computer threw my main computer that has the router installed on it. It asks for a username and password for the computer im trying to log on to. However ive forgotten what my username and password is because there older computers! is there a way of finding out. i knwo there is i just dont know how.

whatever username you use to actualyl log onto that bax will let you access it.

it doesn't necessarily have to be the admin password, if you've setup a user account and can remember that password then that should be enough to get you accesss to that machine.

By default the administrator password is blank, if i recall.

The first user made is a member of the administrator's group by default.

during the login screen where you can click a user to login, press Control, Alt, Delete (all at the same time) a box will pop up and as you for a username and password.

Type administrator (for username)
Type nothing, leave it blank (for password)

He still needs to set his permission and folders to SHARE or he will only be able to see the printers. Unless your trying to remote access a box.

Back
Top Bottom