Car Thread!

It would have got one if I hadn't bought the rx7, I'm actually trying to sell the rims to pay for some rims to put on the mazda, LoL. That's my daily driver now and I don't care to put more money into it other than regular maintenance. It was the first car I started out modding though.

I can't wait until I get to actually start driving it in a week once insurance is transferred. You got a nice Zx2 as well. I wouldn't want a bright red color because my eyes are sensitive to really bright colors sometimes (dunno why, always been this way) but Zx2's look good in the color. Worst color has to be factory green. Yeah, I like the '03 look as well. It's mostly just the front bumper and new stock wheels, plus a standard spoiler (I guess it was an option on previous years?), but it makes it look much nicer.

The big problem my dad has with it is that when stopped somewhere it vibrates. This is a known problem with all Zx2's, but it is a little worse on this one. To check out the differences we started up the '02 the guy also had on the lot and felt the vibration and it was definitely less noticeable. The vibrations aren't a big deal to me, but it's definitely there. My dad said he can neutralize the vibration by adjusting the motor mounts and it may decrease the vibrations. That would be nice. I can live with it like it is, since when driving it's smooth, no vibration at all, but less vibration is nice for sure.

Much better feeling than my Tempo, and some power to get used to. Squealed the tires taking off from a stoplight because I put the pressure on the gas I'm used to doing with my Tempo... :p And the seat goes back far...I had to scoot the seat up to drive it, I usually have to scoot it back...lol.

please dont rice it out.....
Not doing any mods... No engine or body work.

Automatic :(
I suck at stick, so I must drive auto. I am very happy with how this car drives even as an auto though. Not the fastest gear switching, but much better than my Tempo when speeding up faster. I tested it out when getting on the highway, and when passing someone quickly. Very responsive in both instances. You may very well have more control with a stick, but I've tried and tried to drive stick when learning to drive and eventually gave up, I never mastered startups... I know I can drive auto so I'm fine with it.

When the trans breaks in 20,000 miles let me know. I'll hook you up with some good info.

Yeah, automatics aren't that bad nowadays. Not as fun, but they're definately faster at shifting than manual gearboxes nowadays. Did you see the Cadillac CTS-V on the Nurburgring? Uses an automatic gearbox, but when it shifted it actually went all the way to the top of the rev band and then shifted up and when it shifted down it actually shifted down like a proper manual gearbox. Quite amazing how technology has improved...

Ya, automatics have improved quite a bit, I was driving our family car today which has an automatic, and it was weird not having any engine braking lol.

Yeah, but at the same time if you want to have control, a lot of SMG gearboxes let you have control anytime. So if you don't want to control it and you have a drink to hold, then just let it run in automatic. If you feel like driving enthusiastically then you can take direct control of the gearbox.

Back
Top Bottom