Ok I give up on this BSOD Bull........

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Ok, So I am having this BSOD problem and its really annoying..

So I took it into a pc shop to get it diagnos and they said their was nothing wrong hardware wise, I should try re-installing windows on a diff hdd.

Ok.. So first I have my two raptor HDDS raid0 still BSOD, then I try it with just 1 raptor HDD and still BSOD. Then I have a 3rd HDD that is just a WD 7200
and I am still getting the BSOD..

So I am pretty much stumpted. I do not know what is causing it.

First and easiest thing to do is check your RAM. If you have more than one stick, try one at a time and in different slots. If that doesn't work, try the other stick.

What are the BSOD error codes?

What are your system specs?

As Cabbs has said, testing your memory is a good place to start. You seem to believe the BSOD is HDD related? any reason for that?

I doubt it's HDD related, since he tried 3 different HDD's. When my Raptor died I kept getting BSOD's until I stuck a different drive in and installed Windows again.

Its the 0xD1 BSOD

P35 nero 2 mobo, 8400 Dual core CPU, 4gigs DDR2, 8800GTS 640mb

I was thinking the same, it's just that he was swapping out drives and I was wondering why.

Well, like I said in my first post I kept getting the bluescreen so I took it into the shop and they said all my hardware was fine. And to try installing the OS on a different HDD. SO I tried all 3 of my HDDs.

I also tried switching my sticks of rams to different slots. I have 2, 2gig sticks so I took one out and switched the other around and did the same with the other. Still no cigar. Also did a memtest w/o any errors.

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.
Are you sure your OS installation is okay? The disk isn't scratched or anything?

Are there any error reports in the logs?

Have you overclocked anything?

Did you load all the Vista drivers for your board?

Are there any error reports in the logs?

Have you overclocked anything?

Did you load all the Vista drivers for your board?

Not sure, don't know how to check that

I do have my CPU OC'd but when the comp started to BSOD I put it back to default clock speeds and it still dd it

yes

Back
Top Bottom