Doubly Checking my PSU...

yeah it will dude. i have a 500w with 18a on 2 rails. and i have a higher proc but you have a higher vid card. what psu?

Is it only 18A on one rail? I'd be a little concerned then. I don't know the specific power requirements of a 8800GTS, but that seems a little low for a 550 watt PSU.

It's A Powertek International,It Was only $50 Though. How can i tell how many rails i have?

check the number of +12v rails on the sticker that contains the power rating, it should look something like this...

17-341-012-06.jpg

I don't know, 18 amps is kinda low to be powering a video card if there's only 1 rail, even though your wattage is the same as zkilla's psu, he has two +12v rails, which means he has a total of 36 amps on two rails, basically twice the power yours has even though the wattage rating is the same, one rail can power the video card and the other can power the rest of the system, but you only have 18 total amps to power everything...

I would definitely get another psu, when buying one, check how many amps are on the +12v rail(s), I've heard that one big +12v rail is actually better than multiple rails with lower amps, also, a lot of psus load up on the +3.3v and +5v rails so they can claim a bigger wattage rating, making them look attractive to consumers that don't know better, even though their +12v rail may be insufficient...

You're probably gonna need a better one. The suggested power is at least 26 amps on the +12V rail. That's for the whole system. If yours is a factory OC version though, it will probably need even more power. The Cooler Master above has 32A, which is more than enough.

What sites do you guys use for parts in Australia?

Back
Top Bottom