Car Thread!

Yeah, a functional hood scoop. I wonder why you went with a top mounted intercooler though...why not a front mounted one?

The cars intercooler is top mounted stock. It is a bone stock engine imported from japan. I have the stock hood from one of the turbo models, it's the gold one in the background of the last shot. It's going to get painted with the rest of the car this fall hopefully. A front mount intercooler setup would have ran me a good 4-500 to make a pretty decent one. I wanted to hold off and do it right with a nice aluminum Koyo radiator and a V-mount intercooler kit.

I'll post some pics with the hood on tonight so you guys can get an idea what it looks like with it on.

The cars intercooler is top mounted stock. It is a bone stock engine imported from japan. I have the stock hood from one of the turbo models, it's the gold one in the background of the last shot. It's going to get painted with the rest of the car this fall hopefully. A front mount intercooler setup would have ran me a good 4-500 to make a pretty decent one. I wanted to hold off and do it right with a nice aluminum Koyo radiator and a V-mount intercooler kit.

I'll post some pics with the hood on tonight so you guys can get an idea what it looks like with it on.

Oh right! No wonder the FC had a small hood scoop. I can't wait to see what comes out of this. So awesome...

I was hoping to take some pics of the hood tonight for you guys to show off the scoop, but I got preoccupied and a little to greasy to use the camera. haha. Had to swap power steering pumps because my JDM engine had the wrong blooding one, luckily the N/A power steering pump is the same as the turbo. Anyway, I promise more pics tomorrow. Planned start up is the weekend after this weekend if all the parts show up on time. :) my excitement is building.

I just got a newer car last night. Got a pretty good deal on it, $5600, lower than the sticker price it had. It's an '03 Ford Zx2. I like it for the little time I've had to drive it. Needs a little work, brakes and motor mount adjustment, and then put it on insurance next week, so I can't drive it yet. It's got nice pickup for a 4 cylinder, it's not a Mustang or whatever you want to compare it to, but it's enough for me, and much better than my '92 Tempo. It's got a ding on the right front fender, but that should be able to be popped out by someone who does paintless dent removal. Best of all, low mileage at only 45,000 miles. Needs new tires eventually since the back 2 are both pretty much worn to very little tread, and has 3 different brand tires on it in all.

Here's the gallery of pics at the dealer: http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/jesusfrk611/Zx2/ Washing inside and out, and waxing it tomorrow so I'll get more pics after it's clean.

Here's a couple pics if you don't want to click the link. It's my dad and brother in these pics when they went to look at it when I was at work.
DSCF0340.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

Nice! It's sporty...how much did you get it for?
$5600 dealer price, plus tax title and license, so in all a little over $6200. Best I've found in the 2-3 months I've been looking for the specific car and specific year to show up in my area, and it was only 30 minutes away. The '03 was the last year of the Zx2, and the best looking front bumper, so I wanted it over the other '98-'02 models. Would have preferred a different color since my last one was dark blue as well, but I gotta live with what I can find, it's a lot shinier even though it hasn't been washed yet. I parked it next to my old car when I got home with it yesterday and it's sad how ugly the other one is, lol. Selling my old car to my brother for $400, which should pay for new tires and not much else...

Yo dude, was cool to see you joined teamzx2. I'll show off some pics of mine too, I love the 03, makes the car look so much nicer. They are good little car and have good pickup for getting in the mid 30's for gas mileage (I usually get like 35-37.
n136900939_30183989_635.jpg

n136900939_30183991_1512.jpg

n136900939_30183999_5001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom