HD 4870 X2 previewed by Anandtech.

what are you thinking of getting...? or are you gonna stick with the 8800GT for a while...? Teny's thread has me seriously considering the 4850, very seriously, very good price for a huge performance boost in my case...
I want the HD 4870. I can't play Mass Effect without dips in the frame rate at 1920x1440. I have to stick to 1600x1200.
I just finished it. Oh wow, that was amazing. The storyline was riveting, and I just couldn't stop playing, I always wanted to know what was going to happen next, and it hasn't even finished. I want Mass Effect 2 NOW!!
Plus I chose my line right and I got the sex scene. :p
For anyone who hasn't played it, go and buy it now!
I wonder if the X2 will be as hot as the 4870 standard..
All it needs is a simple mod to the Catalyst driver:
For Vista

Then go to the following location and open the following file for editing "C:\Users\Your Windows ID\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Your CCC Profile.XML. The xml file will have the same name as the Catalyst Profile you saved. right click and hit edit.

For XP

Then go to the following location and open the following file for editing "C:\Documents and Settings\Your Windows ID\Local Settings\Application Data\ATI\ACE\Your CCC Profile.XML. The xml file will have the same name as the Catalyst Profile you saved. right click and hit edit.

Now go down the page until you see the following lines in the XML file ...

<Feature name="FanSpeedAlgorithm_0">
<Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value="Automatic" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedRPMTarget_0">
<Property name="Want" value="0" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedPercentTarget_0">
<Property name="Want" value="23" />

Change the "Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value=" from "Automatic" to "Manual"

Then change "Property name="Want" value=" from "23" to your desired fan speed.

Save the file then reload the Profile you just edited in the CCC. Done.

Ooo thanks Worship,

and what is so good about Mass Effect? Other than the story...is it any different from every other dime-a-dozen Halo rip?

:p

Ooo thanks Worship,

and what is so good about Mass Effect? Other than the story...is it any different from every other dime-a-dozen Halo rip?

:p

its not a Halo rip
it looks great!
doesnt play to bad either
but its a 3rd person shooter
and its an rpg
alot more playing with armor and weapons
which is something that you cant do in Halo
pm me if you want to discuss it even more

That's a hell of a card. To bad I can't afford it. I hoping that the 4870 will drop by the end of the year so I can get it in an $850 dollar build. Although that's a stretch...I have $600 guaranteed.

Yeah, I'll never spend that much on a graphics card. I might just get a 4870 when I feel I need something more.

its not a Halo rip
it looks great!
doesnt play to bad either
but its a 3rd person shooter
and its an rpg
alot more playing with armor and weapons
which is something that you cant do in Halo
pm me if you want to discuss it even more

Ya I wasn't trying to be too directly a$$holish with the Halo comment :p

I just see so many futuristic first/third person shooters these days, they look like a dime a dozen. Though the RPG aspects sound awesome, that's my bag all day, maybe I will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom