Fuel Prices in UK

it aint but we will be running on something diffrent and that something diffrent will just cause some sh!t somewhere just like fuel did. it started off fine and then boom, all of a sudden priceses just kept going up

yes, that's true.

just look at how food prices have gone up since people suggested corn oil as a possible source of bio-diesel...

apparantly people using food crops as petrol replacement drives up the cost of food, (since food crops are being used as fuel!) -who'd have thought!!

now aparantly they are looking at other kinds of crops as dio-diesel,
1st generation bio-fuels -i.e food crops that can produce oil like sunflowers or corn, are not a good choice because they contribute to world hunger...

and really who wants to drive whilst someone else starves

so now they are looking at second generation bio-fuels, these are normal plants where they onvert the plant cellulose into a fuel source. the only problem that they have is that a lot of fuels, whilst carbon neutral at the end stage, take energy to grow, (thought that energy is normally free (like from the sun), but they also take water to grow. and that water that is being used to irrigate fuel crops is adding to world water shortages!

as I drive to work everyday and look at the verges, I can't help but wonder whether grass based plant cellulose second generation fuels would be a good source for biodiesel, I mean grass grows completly unattended, it doesn't need watering, and we have to pay to cut it anyways.

well the next step i think will be salt water powered cars, there is a prototype floating about somewhere,

i seen it on top gear, they said that the power cell in the car they showed produced enough electricity to power a whole street,

Food prices are on the rise because of the increased transport prices because of gas, I'm sure E85 has something to do with it, but for the most part its transportation costs.

Back
Top Bottom