HD 4870 X2 previewed by Anandtech.

worshipme

Golden Master
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3354&p=1

It is beautiful :p .

"The 4870 X2 will be AMD's proving ground. This preview shows what might be, what could be ... but we must wait for final hardware and final drivers before we can honestly evaluate the card for what it is. Let us hope AMD knows how important having pervasive compatibility really is for this launch."

Anandtech recieved a card with 512MBx2 of frame buffer The 2GB HD 4870 X2 will be available for $549

wow.....
i wants it....
but is the benchmarks true?
can the 200 series beat 4870 CF?

can the 200 series beat 4870 CF?
They are on early drivers, CF scaling will improve will driver releases, just like it did with the HD 3800 series.

But just look at how much faster the X2 is compared to 4870 CF in GRID, seems AMD worked a little magic there.

*...is in love...*

On a serious note though, the specs look brilliant and the card itself looks sweet.

and yet, if you play Crysis with a single card, you'll still want a 9800GX2 instead of this or the GTX280...

:/

Crysis was developped with Nvidia, just look how the GX2 gets massacred in AoC.

And new drivers will only improve the performance, as they always do with multi-GPU.
i'd rather spend $549 on passing my driving test and other things then something that makes a game better.
OK, we get it. You say this in every thread. Not everyone has to things like you. I won't buy this card, but there are other people who may think they need it.

And new drivers will only improve the performance, as they always do with multi-GPU.

OK, we get it. You say this in every thread. Not everyone has to things like you. I won't buy this card, but there are other people who may think they need it.

OMFGANTEC900!!!!11oNE!!UNO!!!!1111ONe!!1

;)

what are you thinking of getting...? or are you gonna stick with the 8800GT for a while...? Teny's thread has me seriously considering the 4850, very seriously, very good price for a huge performance boost in my case...

rofl

I wonder if the X2 will be as hot as the 4870 standard..

Back
Top Bottom