need a good heatsink

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Looking for a good 775 Socket heat sink for my E8400 chip. Simple...but yet good. Can someone recommend something to me please :).

I don't, but I hear nothing but great things about them. Few degrees behind the TRUE.

Do you have one of these? I hear good things about it, besides people saying that it is huge.

I have it's little brother...

Xigmatek HDT-S963

Cabbs linked the bigger model, IIRC the heatsink is bigger and it has a bigger fan than mine, but the "bang for your buck" comment is spot on with either one, for someone who doesn't OC or just mildly OCs (10%-20%) the Xigmatek HDT-S963 is only $15 after rebate and keeps the temps on my E6600 in the low 30s (idle) to high 30s (load), I don't see much of a change when I OC, maybe a few degrees here or there so it does creep into the low 40s when OCed, which is acceptable IMO, great cooler, I've never had any of the big boys (Ultra 120, Zalman, etc...), but I've never really had the need, and this one is dirt cheap and performs almost on par with the ones that are 4 or 5 times as expensive...

Back
Top Bottom