8800 Gs?

which card would be good for both gaming, and being able to watch videos in better quality?

is there another one around that range but doesnt require MIR?

EDIT - i remembered when my friend bought the 8600 GT, the box said that the 8800 is really meant for video playback, and its best for gaming.
I like to watch DVDs, and movies on my computer (half on gaming, and half on videos), but will the 8800 be good for that, or should i research another card?
and does the S-video output deal with anything on the graphics card? or do all cards give the s-video the same output quality?

that 8800GT you picked will do anything you want it to dude, it's a very good card...

I kinda want to wait until I get my motherboard first (Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G) to see how my video playback is improved, I'm running the 8600GT on an Asrock 775DualVSTA and the PCI-E is only x4, how big of an improvement will I see once I put the 8600GT on the Gigabyte motherboard...? and how big of a jump is it from an 8600GT to an 8800GTS (G84 to G92)...?

EDIT - i remembered when my friend bought the 8600 GT, the box said that the 8800 is really meant for video playback, and its best for gaming.
I like to watch DVDs, and movies on my computer (half on gaming, and half on videos), but will the 8800 be good for that, or should i research another card?
and does the S-video output deal with anything on the graphics card? or do all cards give the s-video the same output quality?

from my experience, S-Video is teh suck, I don't think the card matters either, one of the DVI ports is probably the way to go for that, but I'm not sure, hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will chime in at some point...

i like S-video, but then again, i only connected it through with my laptop.

quick question, ATI is not good with the AA and all that stuff turned on right?

Back
Top Bottom