Outlook 2007 Crashes when Opening

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hey guys.
I have a serious issue with my mothers computer.

Her old PC was getting very old and we decided to get a new one when Outlook 2007 started playing up - in fact, whenever she opened outlook the window would come up fine and then it would stop responding (though the title bar wouldn't change to say it wasn't responding).

I assumed the new PC with a fresh install of Outlook would fix this issue, and it did at first - however, when importing our backup PST file to get all her inbox, contacts, etc back, it froze at the end of importing 'Junk E-mail' and has been causing the same issues the old PC had. So, I'm starting to think it's an issue with either her email box size (the PST file which had her calendar, contacts, and all email from all files was 40mb) or something else.

However, Uninstalling Office 2007 and reinstalling it has not fixed this issue, as her emails are still there. I am out of ideas.

If you could help I would much appreciate it! Thanks
-Rhys

Have you tried opening the PST on another computer, also was it created in Outlook 2007 as it may no be compatable.

MAke sure you computer meets these requirements,

500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher
Memory 256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher
Hard disk 1.5 gigabyte (GB);
Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, or later operating system

Taken from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101668651033.aspx

NOTE: if you have Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager it needs a higher spec PC

I'm not sure about this, but download Mozilla Thunderbird and see if you can import the e-mails from there. I know this won't fix the problem, but it will allow your mom to use e-mail while we work at a solution.

This is a new computer, it's not likely to be too weak for Outlook. But, for the record, it has an Intel Q6600 (1.6ghz * 4)), Corsair 2GB 800mhz DDR2 RAM, And plenty of free disk space. I'm using XP Pro SP2 with all updates.

The PST was saved with Outlook 2007, and it's being opened by 2007. The old PC has the same issues (which if you read, is partly why we bought a new PC) and it only got the issues recently.

-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom