What are your religious views?

I haven't really looked into the whole microbiology to monkey to man arguments to know enough to argue for or against it. But I always do wonder... why are there still monkeys?

It's a common misconception that people have. We didn't evolve from modern monkeys. We share a common ancestor with the great apes (we are primates ourselves).

In the past there was a hominid that split into two distinct paths, one lineage evolved into gorillas, chimps and orangutans; the other into modern humans. Modern apes are just as evolved as we are, they just have different adaptations that suit their environment. (that's why they are referred to as our cousins)

Evolution occurs via branching. The evolutionary tree is a huge tree that eventually goes right back to single-celled organisms. We are related to every animal on the planet.

Agreed. There are still too many things Science cannot explain like the creation of the first or living organism. Yet at the same time, I know of no point in the bible that mentions dinosaurs, or describes any creatures like them. And Science has yet to find human remains that date older than some of the dinosaurs that we've found. If god created the world, and Man, It took him more than a two weeks to get man there considering no known man has dated to pre-historic times like the dino's have.

The scientific field of study that concerns the creation of non-life into life is called Abiogenesis. It's a relatively new field but has actually made great strides in our understanding.

It's a common misconception that people have. We didn't evolve from modern monkeys. We share a common ancestor with the great apes (we are primates ourselves).

In the past there was a hominid that split into two distinct paths, one lineage evolved into gorillas, chimps and orangutans; the other into modern humans. Modern apes are just as evolved as we are, they just have different adaptations that suit their environment. (that's why they are referred to as our cousins)

Evolution occurs via branching. The evolutionary tree is a huge tree that eventually goes right back to single-celled organisms. We are related to every animal on the planet.

The scientific field of study that concerns the creation of non-life into life is called Abiogenesis. It's a relatively new field but has actually made great strides in our understanding.

Spot on.

It's funny how some can't understand this simple logical explanation of our existence.

The other explanation being that we were 'created' somewhat by a powerful figure of somewhat. Mmmmm.

i dont belive nothing, i belive their is something up their or across ther (other earth) but tbh I don't waste my time knowing reglious, i waste my time on more important things such as getting on with life not looking or thinking their is some god

i dont belive nothing, i belive their is something up their or across ther (other earth) but tbh I don't waste my time knowing reglious, i waste my time on more important things such as getting on with life not looking or thinking their is some god

How can you not think about wonders such as the beginning of the universe and organisms? I always to like fantasize about ideas. Who knows, maybe one of my wacky hypothesis (is it it's own plural?) is actually right lol. We'll never know. Maybe there is a god, and it created energy and matter, then it exploded (Big Bang), and we evolved. Who knows? Science is just better at explaining more things.

I don't believe in religion for any purpose besides community gathering. Instead of worshiping a higher being, which they do not know exists, people should worship what they do know exists: happiness, peace, love, etc.

I know, it sounds cheesy, but I'm trying to say that religion is headed the wrong way. Personally, I believe in karma. Religion should be based on how you follow your life. I believe in the act of giving and receiving in order to enhance our lives, and therefore believe in karma. I almost relate it to the theory of comparative advantage in economics, which proves that trading is almost always more beneficial for both countries. Be good and you shall receive. Be a douche and you don't get jack.

On another note, I also believe in pastafarianism. Not because I believe it is true, but I think that the idea of altering public institutions by the belief of one religion is wrongful and unjust.

But they still haven't answered the points I brought up though, have they?

hey guy's i went and grabbed some fish and let them sit outta the water!!! i wanted to try evolution!!! well.... it just died.... must be because they have to have water to survive, o well guess evolution is wrong lol

hey guy's i went and grabbed some fish and let them sit outta the water!!! i wanted to try evolution!!! well.... it just died.... must be because they have to have water to survive, o well guess evolution is wrong lol

Lol. You're so headstrong. Evolution takes thousands of years...maybe by then your brain will have grown enough to understand it ;)

Back
Top Bottom