What are your religious views?

I have seen and experienced too many things to blindly say there is no God or afterlife, ghosts, spirits, etc. Science just can't explain some of these things other than to say they are a figment of your imagination.

Agreed. There are still too many things Science cannot explain like the creation of the first or living organism. Yet at the same time, I know of no point in the bible that mentions dinosaurs, or describes any creatures like them. And Science has yet to find human remains that date older than some of the dinosaurs that we've found. If god created the world, and Man, It took him more than a two weeks to get man there considering no known man has dated to pre-historic times like the dino's have.

Atheist. I haven't seen or experienced anything to make me blindly say there is such thing as a 'god' or an 'afterlife'.

Thats my standpoint, and if anybody disagrees, thats fine, but don't expect me to even respond if you want to give me flak over it.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

As I posted earlier, the similarities between Horus(the sun god) and Jesus being born are almost exact. December 25th was the evening the brightest star in the east aligned with the 3 stars of orion(called the 3 kings). When around Easter time, the sun was not visible over the horizon for 3 days, hence the "sun" of god dying. Once it came up fully, it was resurrected as Jesus was reported to have been. That is the way it was perceived back then. The word "Bethlehem was literally translated to"House of Bread". Everything the bible states what happened when Jesus was born was based on astrology, the stars. Check the vid I posted on page 4. This is all i am going to say on this subject as I don't want to get into an argument. :)

This thing took off while I was gone...

Everyone who keeps quoting "7 days" needs to realize that many people including myself do not think that is 7*24 hours, but rather an "age" of sorts.

As for evolution and Darwinian theory, everything which I have tried to learn about I agree with. It makes sense. Adaptational evolution is very evident as well, so anyone who says upfront that all evolution is wrong, is wrong.

I haven't really looked into the whole microbiology to monkey to man arguments to know enough to argue for or against it. But I always do wonder... why are there still monkeys?

I have an answer (my own belief) for that. I think that the kind of monkeys that evolved to humans aren't around, because, well, it's us. And these monkeys that evolved were slightly smarter than the others. When they began to create tools, like many monkeys today, their brain started to evolve. Thus they became humans.

i think that people who follow the bible (whether its right or wrong) have generally better lives. "Ignorance is Bliss"

Yeah i should have explained myself:

People who believe in the bible have better lives because they follow the rules and princples of the bible. They tend to be selfless, they have more hope then the average person which when they experience failure or being alone they dont let apathy take them over, different things for them give them happiness e.g: a normal person might enjoy drinking a 12 pack of beer and doing other drugs, a person that is a christain will probably never do that and probably get more joy out of helping out his/her church, community, family etc.

Now i'm not saying i'm right at all. this is just from my own experience

I think it's wrong to suggest that people won't live christian type morally acceptable lives without reading or believing in the bible,

the point is that before the book was written someone sat down and came to the conclusion that stealing was wrong, people can live morally acceptable healthy lives without religion.

besides which, who is to say that the christian bible is correct?

there are plenty of other holy scriptures that were about beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom