8800 Gs?

That's a great deal on the Zoltac 8800GTS. That same card runs $204.99 @ Newegg. I've been hearing good things about them and they do offer a lifetime warranty on their video cards.

DX10.1 is considered a "minor improvement" to DX10 by MS (Much like DX9 - DX9.0c. It will have some visual improvements and still be compatible with DX10.

That's a great deal on the Zoltac 8800GTS. That same card runs $204.99 @ Newegg. I've been hearing good things about them and they do offer a lifetime warranty on their video cards.

I'm really tempted, I don't even game, but with a card like that at that price, I may decide to start gaming a little, I figure the high definition video playback would also be improved over my 1GB 8600GT, but I may be wrong...

seeing how the 8800 is on my money right now.
should i even consider about the .1?

seeing how the 8800 is on my money right now.
should i even consider about the .1?

the .1...? do you mean the direct x 10 vs 10.1...? I wouldn't even sweat that, whatever you decide, just don't leave any doubt in your mind or you'll be second guessing yourself for the life of that card, pick the one that you think will work best for what you do, it may be totally different from what someone else may pick, but my advice is don't end up kicking yourself later on for passing on something that you wanted that was near your budget, but slightly over...

and most importantly, before you buy whichever card you end up with, reread all the reviews that you can, maybe a new review got posted from the last time you looked mentioning some incompatibilities with some of your other existing hardware...

if it were me, even though I'm a Nvidia guy, I would go slightly over budget and get the 4850, I'm thinking of either buying the Zotac today or tomorrow, or waiting until I find a better deal on the 4850, that card looks like a beast and could possibly improve with better, more mature drivers, but if I do, I'll have to upgrade my psu, so it'll probably be the 8800GTS...

I would listen to AR about this, he knows way more than I do about video cards, either way, good luck and enjoy your purchase...

if later on, say 1 year, and DX10 became mainstream and most new games support it. Would the DX10 be as good as the DX10.1 when playing those games.
so far, it seems like the 8800 seems the best for the price if overclocked and played at resolutions higher than 1280 x 768.

Well, DX10 is mainstream with Vista and many new games support it like Crysis but still run fine under DX9. As I posted earlier, DX10.1 is a minor upgrade according to MS and I really don't think you'll be missing much if anything graphics wise. From what I understand, they just basically cleaned up the standards with DX10.1 to make it more uniform in development.

Back
Top Bottom