Need help upgrading

Gamer15

Baseband Member
What I have now:
Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
1.00 GB of Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE.
(Flat screen monitor if you needed to know)

I got about 200 dollars to spend on computer upgrading, and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Im Not really good with computers, I ordered it from dell. Ive been looking on ebay, but I get lost looking at everything. Will any video card and ram work or do I need ot look at sertant ones?

What kind of dell is it? The problem with Dell is that you're very limited on what you can upgrade. Their PSU is bad. Most Dells are also MATX. So if you're going to do any upgrading, I would start with the PSU.

But before...can you give me full specs? Preferably more information on the Motherboard.

edit: If you can I would start by upgrading the PSU then getting a better CPU and cooling. But if you really want to have a good upgrade I would sell that and build something brand new. Keep the monitor though.

Most I can tell you is it's a XPS....I remember my friend telling me about typing something in under RUN on the start menu that tells you about everything, but I forget what it is.

So far, what I've figured out is that you have a PCI-E x16. This is good because if your MOBO skt is LGA775 you will be able to stick a C2D in there and upgrade video. One problem I see is the case. I'm not sure if the XPS form factor is MATX or ATX. This could cause a problem if you're trying to get a new card such as a nVidia 8 series. It might not fit. Also you will need a new PSU. Here's another problem too, you are very limited on PSUs if your case is MATX.

No no no. You can get them as cheap as $20 and as expensive as $400. It just depends on how much power you will need and the quality. But, I'm still lost on whether you have ATX or MATX. Because if you have ATX then you have much more room to choose parts.

Back
Top Bottom