Help me with my Ram installation.

If what Remeniz has been saying about chipset limitations is true, have you checked your mobo manufacturers site for the latest chipset drivers? How about BIOS update? I find it odd though that you'd buy a 2700 1gb stick, because there isn't much difference in price between 3200 and 2700. I realize your mobo will/should clock down, but odd nonetheless.

If what Remeniz has been saying about chipset limitations is true, have you checked your mobo manufacturers site for the latest chipset drivers? How about BIOS update? I find it odd though that you'd buy a 2700 1gb stick, because there isn't much difference in price between 3200 and 2700. I realize your mobo will/should clock down, but odd nonetheless.

when I googled this problem, most of the time a bios update fixed the problem, but you said you updated the bios, weird, the only other thing I can think of is that the memory on the QVL only went up to 512MB sticks, which I mentioned earlier, but it recognizes the 1Gb stick, the only other thing I can think of is a compatibility issue with the two different types (brand names) of RAM...

Back
Top Bottom