What are your religious views?

lol. Agreed. I'll take science over religion any day. Religion just states what happened there's no explanation of how and why. Science gives you the how and why. And I like to know those things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronics said:
Electronics is the study of the flow of charge through various materials and devices such as semiconductors, resistors, inductors, capacitors, nano-structures and vacuum tubes. Although considered to be a theoretical branch of physics, the design and construction of electronic circuits to solve practical problems is an essential technique in the fields of electronic engineering and computer engineering. This science starts about 1908 with the invention by Dr Lee De Forest of the valve (triode) Before 1950 this science was named "Radio" or "Radio technics" because that was its principal application.

Now according to this, electronics is a theory..

I use that theory every day at work to keep aircraft in the air..

I personally put alot of trust in theories.. I like to know these things too, which is why i trust the theories..

So you are saying you have a belief in something without having any tangible proof it really happened? Hmm. . .
there is a lot more scientific proof behind the big bang and the theory of evoloution than there is anm ever will be behind the idea of creationism

^ the same could be said about any theorem.. as i said in my last post..

i trust theorems every day at work to fix aircraft radio equipment and keep aircraft in the air. the lives of all those people rely on these theories.

i am saying i have belief of the theoms involved in physics and other sciences.

therefore in my books making the theory of a big bang and Darwins evoloution theories true

there is a lot more scientific proof behind the big bang and the theory of evoloution than there is anm ever will be behind the idea of creationism

There is no scientific proof behind the big bang. It's just conjecture.

Scientists can only theorize that a big explosion happened when nothing combined with more nothing to create an explosion. Since when does energy and mass suddenly appear out of nothing and explode?

Scientists can only theorize that a big explosion happened when nothing combined with more nothing to create an explosion. Since when does energy and mass suddenly appear out of nothing and explode?

The same can be applied to religion. Did your God just appear out of nowhere and decided to create stuff? I don't know how the mass and energy was created, but I do believe there was an explosion...which is actually an implosion probably due to high masses colliding with itself (because of gravitational force).

It doesn't, and that is not what the Big Bang says happened at all. In fact, the Big Bang theory goes back to one billionth of a second after the Big Bang (which wasn't an explosion, but a rapid expansion of space-time, matter wasn't just flung around like in an explosion, it was carried on the fabric of space-time, like currents rising on bread in an oven).

What was there before the bang? No one knows, and scientists readily admit that. However, there are viable explanations out there such as massive singularities, or the answer is locked away within Quantum Theory. Scientific laws state that matter cannot be created or destroyed, so there was energy before the Bang, and the heat converted that energy into matter.

And as for their not being any proof for the Big Bang...naughty naughty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyCkADmNdNo

This is a nice little video explaining some of the evidence in simple terms.

And after this event scientists have an elegant explanation of how such a young universe evolved into our current universe. I could explain it to you guys in very simple terms if you like.

The bottom line is, we know the Big Bang happened, just not why or what was there before. You could invoke God if you wish, however adding God to the equation merely complicates the answer because it explains nothing. It's a fancy way of saying "I don't know".

my dads a non practising aethiest. personally i dont have enough experience with religion to have an opinion. i question the bible too. who wrote it? how come it is always the same thickness? where did the new testament come from? there are so many different questions and religions that you cant get it straight. also every notice how the things we are supposed to rely on and trust(religion and politics) is wat causes wars? that makes no sense

That's all well and good and I learned about all that in school. But what created the "energy before the Bang" and where did that come from? It couldn't have just "always been there". Something or someone had to create it.

My favorite line from the video "all the evidence we have fits". Much like what the conspiracy theorists have been saying concerning the evidence of WMDs in Iraq. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom