What are your religious views?

okay everyone lets belive in the BIG BANG THEORY yayyyyy come on kids lets make up some other stuff like the universe was created because there was somehow water in the middle of space therefore causing a chain reaction with the chemical's in space thus causing this whole UNIVERSE TO BE CREATED!!!!!! yayyyy..... not... what kinda person SERIOUSLY thinks that there was a big bang and we evolved from fishes to monkey's/ gorilla's what ever it is to human's, the DNA strand of a monkey is nowhere even near that of the human, same with the fish......

ever heard of a dude called Darwin?

look him up some time...

oh, and I am the type of person who believes in science..

Why do you think they use monkeys to test vaccines and other drugs intended for human use??

oh, and im still waiting for this 'scientific proof' that Jesus was re-born or came back to life or whatever 3 days after his death...

And on the third day He rose again...
There has been a lot of research on that event. The research team even manage to get a very close look at the Shroud of Turin. This is believed to be the burial cloth of Jesus. I don't recall if the team managed to get a sample or not but they were running on a very tight time line. The shroud was hanging in a church behind the alter and because it is a religious artifact, it could only be removed between services. They were granted this one time look so they made the best of what they could carry in their hands.
The tomb has been found or, so they think, based on written accounts of the time. Complete with that big ass rock that sealed the entrance at one time. They went inside to find the description of the tomb was pretty accurate. But they're not really sure as time has been unkind to the inside so there isn't any thing left to study. No artifacts were found to verify that one was indeed the tomb.
That was what I saw on a program that was either on the history or discovery channel. Interesting program. But it kinda left you hanging as to where they are now in their research.

The History Channel is airing some religious historical programming in the mornings. It presents different perspectives of accounts in time as pertaining to religious events. The one I caught the other day told of how king Constantine called for the creation of one book, one Bible to be assembled to be put in all the churches in his kingdom. It goes on to tell about what was considered (and why) and what was basicly tossed (and why) to come up with the final version.
Even if you aren't religous, it's interesting stuff. Proves out old Albert's comment I quoted has a lot of truth in it.

and i have all my "scientific proof" in the bible. and yeah, of course im going to be getting mad when someone's MOCKING my beliefs first....

Did any one happen to notice how the separation of church and state is slipping in the US? One of many reason the colonists fled the crown was to get away from the church running the British government. The crown was just a puppet to the catholic church. We beat feet to the new world to govern ourselves and to have freedom of religion. To practice our own faiths in our own ways. Now the lines of church and state are being blurred. The current Pres (Let's keep this on track here. We all know he's a idiot to start with.) wants to have us lean toward faith based services rather than government based services. I personally believe this is wrong. If invoked this would open the door for the church to have it's hand in our government, again. Holier than thou types like Jerry Falwell and Oral Roberts would have killed to get to whisper in the ear of the Pres and tell him what to do. Could you imagen what it would be like in this country? I can and it's scares the hell out of me.

It's really bad down here in South Carolina. There really ISN'T a separation between church and state. People who live here can't even buy alcohol on Sundays unless they're in Charleston or Columbia and stores don't open until 1:30 which is a state law. I think that's a clear violation of the constitution. It should be left up to vendors whether or not to stay open on Sundays and whether or not to sell alcohol. The motive behind this is that "everyone should be free to worship on Sundays" well what about those of us who don't want to? There should be NO overlap between government and religion. They're not meant to be mixed and mixing the two will only make matters worse.

and i have all my "scientific proof" in the bible. and yeah, of course im going to be getting mad when someone's MOCKING my beliefs first....

I'm not mocking your beliefs... but i would like to see something from a SCIENTIST which PROVES that Jesus came back from the dead after 3 days..

the bible is not a scientific thesis.. get me a thesis from a proper, qualified and trustworthy scientist, and mabye i will start believing that someone magically came back from the dead...

I was making an observation of how religion is getting back in to politics.
It's always been there. They open up sessions of Congress with a prayer. The President is sworn in on a bible. In a trial, before giving testimony, you are sworn in on a bible. I don't see anyone getting their panties in a twist over that. . .

Mark, scientists don't even have definitive proof that the big bang happened.

im saying from what ive read and studied, that i believe taht there is enough to believe in it.. all theories are made around facts which would just mean nothing without the theory behind them... the big bang theory makes a hell of alot more sense than some dude standing in the clouds for 6 days making the earth...

im saying from what ive read and studied, that i believe taht there is enough to believe in it.. all theories are made around facts which would just mean nothing without the theory behind them... the big bang theory makes a hell of alot more sense than some dude standing in the clouds for 6 days making the earth...

lol. Agreed. I'll take science over religion any day. Religion just states what happened there's no explanation of how and why. Science gives you the how and why. And I like to know those things.

Back
Top Bottom