What are your religious views?

George has done other things to earn that title. I just think the line has been stepped over that brought us here to begin with. Why go back to the same ways that drove us out of England? Our forefathers must be spinning in thier graves.

We are not going back to the ways that "drove us out of England." Bush's Faith-Based Initiatives aren't even close to it. If you are afirad of that, then you should be doubly afraid to have Barack Obama as your next president as he wants to expand it.

But then, we are way off topic here.

okay everyone lets belive in the BIG BANG THEORY yayyyyy come on kids lets make up some other stuff like the universe was created because there was somehow water in the middle of space therefore causing a chain reaction with the chemical's in space thus causing this whole UNIVERSE TO BE CREATED!!!!!! yayyyy..... not... what kinda person SERIOUSLY thinks that there was a big bang and we evolved from fishes to monkey's/ gorilla's what ever it is to human's, the DNA strand of a monkey is nowhere even near that of the human, same with the fish......

from past experiences it seems only religious people get mad at people questioning their beliefs as they can provide no proof to back up what they believe in

^^^ point in case , when asked for evidence to back up their argument a religious person cannot provide this evidence and so proceeds to mock the beliefs of others even though there is scientific evidence to back it up

everyone here could be childish about this and mock each others beliefs in a very sarchastic manner as you just did
i mean i could be like that and completely mock the creationalist theory and i was so close to posting it but i thought no it wont get us anywhere this is a debate , if you cant handle people questioning your beliefs then please leave the thread

According to the National Academy of Sciences:

"Some scientific explanations are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them. The explanation becomes a scientific theory. In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. Not so in science. In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature that is supported by many facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena."

Other theories:

Atomic theory
Germ theory
Sexual Reproduction theory
Theory of General Relativity
Quantum theory

You don't question them, do you?

In science theories are the highest form of truth, facts are the lowest. Theories explain and bind thousands and thousands of observable facts. And based on the successful predictions of Evolutionary Theory, it's true. You'd have to be stupid not to accept it.

^^^ point in case , when asked for evidence to back up their argument a religious person cannot provide this evidence and so proceeds to mock the beliefs of others even though there is scientific evidence to back it up

everyone here could be childish about this and mock each others beliefs in a very sarchastic manner as you just did
i mean i could be like that and completely mock the creationalist theory and i was so close to posting it but i thought no it wont get us anywhere this is a debate , if you cant handle people questioning your beliefs then please leave the thread

Yeah, science can be tested, whereas beliefs can't. Its what you beleive inside though that matters, as thats all any of us really have. If we believe in ourselves, even if it means believeing in something else that may or may not exist, then so be it.

But yeah, its funny you saying how crap of a story the big bang theory is when what your trying to believe seems even further away in scope to what humans can even think about.

You get money from technology and you need science to advance in technology. So the root is science.

Not true. There was money before computers, or even paper bills were considered. I don't think the good ol' Romans had technology when they made their coins.

technology is not considered computers... technology is anything that advances society.
Fire was once advanced technology technically.

Not true. There was money before computers, or even paper bills were considered. I don't think the good ol' Romans had technology when they made their coins.

Tell me this then: If we remove all that we have advanced through methods of science over the last 100 years. What do you think our economy would be based off? We would take days to do overseas trade, we would have no method of transportation but walking and boats. Communication would be a pain. We would most likely be trading items still. The economy, in another words, would be crap. Therefore I say, science runs the economy.

Back
Top Bottom