NetBios

gigamusic

Beta member
Hello,

I'm new in here and have been in the computer hobby for about 8 years and have built my own. My brother finally since his been in it back when it was key punch, finally got me into it. I mostley use my main computer for high end gamming and have a Creative sound blaster live Z series audio card for my music. Via MIDI connection to many different keyboards. And record and just play house progresive music. No vocals.

Anyhow my system for my network of course I have my modem from service provider. Ethernet wire goes to my broadband 4 port wire firewall Linksys router. Well then I have a wireless access point box also Linksys for my wifes computer and my daughter computer. Maybe I've never notice this. But is the reason for the routing for the two other computers is NetBIOS is running in the background or should I say enabled.

I don't not have computers linked through my IP address to access and monitor or configure theirs.

I was in the componet service to see what was on auto and manual.
And some seem to be disabled then on auto than off. Too like the Security center. Never used it but its disabled. When clicking on it describs that it monitors sytem secure settings and configurations. should that be enabled?

Anyhow my brother is always gettin phone calls and as he is head of the IT department at a Mayor university here in the city I live in, he's not always in the mood to interprete with whats in the main systems console root and component servies. And what each function is related to the sytems services since he does it all day long.

Ok see ya :)

it's always good to see a new member climb on board with us here...

Welcome gigamusic to the community..

Back
Top Bottom