Looking for help on upgrading my machine

Ace, no offense, I had to read your text 4 times to get what you were saying. You switched between Intel/AMD and I got confused. I've never tried AMD tbh. Should I go for it on my next build coming up at the end of the year? I'm in a tight budget.

OP, I guess I got out-voted. Go AMD like they suggest.

i had to read his post several times aswell this bit got me,

intels great if youve got money - implying intel costs alot of money :)
AMD is a great value - implying AMD are cheap :)
intel is more durable ** and better built buit for budget - umm are you now saying go intel if your on a budget :?
but you cannot beat an AMD for budget builders - ok now your saying AMD is best for budget builders lol :?

anyways i agree sort of, intel at the top end of the market are better but comparing an intel dual core to a 5200X2 or whateva the same price AMD is AMD will win everytime,.

ok JogaBonito1502 - ok your in a tight budget ? how tight ? i mean this would be my general advice in ££ so roughly double to make $$

£450 and above-- id go with intel as you'd probably pull off a e8400 or Q6600 with a mid range graphics card and 2GB RAM,

below £450 - you may want to consider AMD as you'd prob get a 6000X2 2Gb RAM and a mid range graphics card.

i have 2 bad things to say about AMD though, they keep changing there processor socket type, which is bad for trying to upgrade your CPU later.
and its about upgrading again, i cant help thinking if i do an AMD build then when i come to upgrade later ill have say £150 to spend on a CPU and ill know that i can get a much better processor from intel.

so if your going AMD beware you may be dissapointed when upgrading as your socket type may now be outdated or there will be a better equivalent inel out.

AMD's new sockets are often backwards compatible. AM2+ for example, is backwards compatible with AM2, and AM3 will be backwards compatible with AM3.
and its about upgrading again, i cant help thinking if i do an AMD build then when i come to upgrade later ill have say £150 to spend on a CPU and ill know that i can get a much better processor from intel.
AMD spanked Intel for 3 years prior to Core, who's to say they can't do it again? Obviously, it won't happen any time soon. The only place they can compete with Intel in performance at the moment is in the multi-socket server market.

Back
Top Bottom