8800 Gs?

im not saying its better its CHEAPER! i wouldn't care if it was a slight difference but its 50$ more for something tat isn't worth it. im not trying to pick an argument im just trying to help him, soooooo

8800gt= if you want to pend more /larger budget

9600gso= slightly less performance/cheaper budget.

big help so far, so thanks to the people that are helping me decide.
my budget is around $150-$160, if that help you guys help me decide.
my mobo support crossfire, but i dont know when i will be able to crossfire it, maybe a few months or maybe even a couple of years, which is the reason why i am thinking of going with nvidia for now seeing how the 4850 is $50 more.
i am not a fan of mail in rebates btw, they just take too long, i only consider them if i dont care if i get the rebate back or not.
also, i want one that is more future proof.
i am going to read the review of the 9600 GSO to see how it performs.

big help so far, so thanks to the people that are helping me decide.
my budget is around $150-$160, if that help you guys help me decide.
my mobo support crossfire, but i dont know when i will be able to crossfire it, maybe a few months or maybe even a couple of years, which is the reason why i am thinking of going with nvidia for now seeing how the 4850 is $50 more.
i am not a fan of mail in rebates btw, they just take too long, i only consider them if i dont care if i get the rebate back or not.
also, i want one that is more future proof.
i am going to read the review of the 9600 GSO to see how it performs.

9600GSO...? here are some options...

Sapphire 4850

I know, I know, $190, but hear me out, that's $190 with free shipping, plus a $30 rebate which makes it $160, then add this code at checkout VGA71115, it's supposedly gets you another $15 dollars off at checkout, so basically, you pay $175 up front, a little over your budget, but with the rebate, it falls under your budget at $145...

9800GTX...
if you live by a Fry's, check them out, a guy online said the one near him had a special for a 9800GTX for $200, with a $50 mail-in-rebate...

either one of these beasts for around $150 when all is said and done...? dude, I'm thinking about getting that 4850 myself, basically the same performance level and 1 less PCI-E power connector...? yeah, the 4850 sounds right...

8800GTS...
now if you truly want to stick to your budget, you can get this Zotac 8800GTS for around $165 (including shipping), Newegg has the same card for around $215, but wait, what do you say wol-va-rine...? there's a $40 rebate as well...? wow, $125 when all is said and done for an 8800GTS...?

WOW

once this gets posted, I'd make up my mind on the 8800GTS quick, they probably won't last long at that price...

I know, I know, $190, but hear me out, that's $190 with free shipping, plus a $30 rebate which makes it $160, then add this code at checkout VGA71115, it's supposedly gets you another $15 dollars off at checkout, so basically, you pay $175 up front, a little over your budget, but with the rebate, it falls under your budget at $145...

its pretty cheap and tempting, but i am already waiting for an rebate, and i dont like to keep track of more than 1 rebate, and i worry about rebates because if something goes wrong with, cant really return it easily.

9800GTX...
if you live by a Fry's, check them out, a guy online said the one near him had a special for a 9800GTX for $200, with a $50 mail-in-rebate...

either one of these beasts for around $150 when all is said and done...? dude, I'm thinking about getting that 4850 myself, basically the same performance level and 1 less PCI-E power connector...? yeah, the 4850 sounds right...

i dont live near a Fry's. the only computer store near here is Micro Center.

8800GTS...
now if you truly want to stick to your budget, you can get this Zotac 8800GTS for around $165, Newegg has the same card for around $215, but wait, what do you say wol-va-rine...? there's a $40 rebate as well...? wow, $125 when all is said and done for a 8800GTS...?

WOW

once this gets posted, I'd make up my mind on the 8800GTS quick, they probably won't last long at that price...

never heard of the site... nor the company Zotac.
can i trust it?

Thanks for posting links and helping me decide btw

EDIT - oh yeah, and whats the difference between DX10 and DX10.1?

its pretty cheap and tempting, but i am already waiting for an rebate, and i dont like to keep track of more than 1 rebate, and i worry about rebates because if something goes wrong with, cant really return it easily.

i dont live near a Fry's. the only computer store near here is Micro Center.

never heard of the site... nor the company Zotac.
can i trust it?

Thanks for posting links and helping me decide btw

EDIT - oh yeah, and whats the difference between DX10 and DX10.1?

it was linked from an overclockers forum, I would guess that some posters there get parts from there so I would trust it, but use your own judgement, I think Zotac is a newer company, maybe not, but I've only started hearing about them lately, the card is on Newegg for $200+ and only has 5 reviews, all of which are 5 egg or 4egg, I have no idea what the difference between direct x10 and 10.0 is, I believe that their both only for Vista, that's all I really know about them and I could be wrong, and the 8800GTSs were around $350-$400 only 7 or 8 months ago..

Back
Top Bottom