What is up with Dell?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I ordered a new laptop from Dell on the 2nd of July (Vostro 1510), the man on the phone was adamant that it would arrive at the very lastest, the 15th of July. I thought that was fair enough and I have been checking my order status every now and then for updates, the delivery date has remained at "On or before July 15th", it reached the "Delivery Preparation" stage on Wednesday. Today I turned on my PC to find a new email from Dell, the subject was "Delivery Date updated", thinking this was great, I opened the email to find:
Your delivery date has been changed to the 6th of August
I think thats stupid, if the laptop is already built and boxed up, how can it take them another 4 weeks to deliver it? To be honest it would probably be quicker to just go and buy a laptop, do you reckon there is any way of cancelling the order?

dont know much about it, but i would suggest giving them a call to see whats up

Yeah. I would give them a call. Alot of times when companies tell you that the item has been shipped, what they really mean is that your order has been processed and will be shipped out soon. But in this situation, I would advise you to call Dell to see whats up because a 3 week delay is a bit odd.

Well that just sounds pretty annoying. But, if you really want the laptop your bought as apposed to something else then fight it. Otherwise, if it hasn't shipped out yet you should be able to cancel it if you contact dell customer support. I was very happy with IBM's time to process and ship my laptop. It's too bad dell is being retarded about it.

Thanks for the replies. I emailed them but i got an automated message telling me that the person I emailed (the person who i ordered it from over the phone) is away and not back until Tuesday :mad:. I will probably just phone them I think.

Back
Top Bottom