laptop not charging

bolton1202

Solid State Member
Hey all,

I'm kind of reluctant to post here, as I should be able to figure this out myself, but I've been workin on this issue for close to a week now with no results.

I have a gateway m275 laptop that I cannot find an adapter for. It is rated at 19v 3.14a so I'm told all I need is an adapter that has 19v and 3.14 or more Amps.

I have tried three different ones that met this specification and none are working. It would be really convenient to be able to use this tablet for work but its just not charging. I know it can hold a charge as I was using it on vacation, where I forgot my original AC adapter.

Ebay sells them for $16 probably bad for the computer, and gateway sells them for $100....:confused:

it might actually be the charger socket in the compute became lose and broke or u got something in it and it doesnt work anymore and the chargers on ebay arent gateway, they are generic or knock offs

i bought an generic one off of ebay, and it seems to work, until i got bored and fried the motherboard inside the laptop.
my friend recently bought one, and it still works. though hes only been using it for 3 months.
i would go for the ebay, unless you have the cash and want to go with safety.
but first, i would try to find somebody or take it to some pc shop and ask if you could try a charger that could fit in there to see if its the socket or the charger.

I actually got the purple light that indicated the battery was charging to light up when I used an adapter from a different model with the same specs of the suggested ac adapter on ebay (19v 3.42a).

I think I will pay the $16 and hope this is the right decision.

thanks to all you guys,

I got the laptop to charge, was a loose connection, needed a new adapter.

Now if i could just get the vram to increase...

Back
Top Bottom