Help Please this is driving me CRAZY!

I'm not even going to bother and explain my post to you.
yeah...
i probably wont even understand it anyways, since it seems you know more about these things since your rep is better than mine.
BTW not being sarcastic.
i am pretty much still learning about computers, only only know the ways of the easy way out...
the REINSTALL WINDOWS WAY!!!!
mwahahahaha

Reinstalling windows only gets you the files necessary to run windows, not the drivers to properly run your hardware. If you had ordered a build though, say from Dell, they will send you recovery discs and such where reinstalling windows will restore some drivers. So, if Tech N9ne reinstalls windows, all he will gain "cleaner software" which will be much faster than what he's got now. It will eventually go back to this state. So his best choice would be to download drivers. If that doesn't work, then yes, reinstall windows as there might be some software or files contradicting his drivers.

but he said that he tried to reinstall his drivers, and when he installed a game, it became uninstalled?
so wouldnt he need to reinstall it windows now?

Nope, he can just download the drivers and install them again. They're only sound drivers, you won't die from having no sound. Now, if they were video drivers, he might have a problem. There's just 1 thing I'm not too sure of. Is that when you reinstall windows, you lose your drivers, but I don't know how you keep video and such. I know windows installs basic drivers for your need, but not the latest. Like, when I reinstalled Windows on my computer. I got everything but sound. And my video resolutions were not widescreen, but your standard 4:3. So I guess, in truth, Windows does reinstall them, just not the ones that will give you optimum performance.

im getting kind of confused....
original TP-
i re installed all drivers from realtek and still dosent work it i installed a game on my computer restarted it then my sound drivers uninstalled them selfs without me doing a thing at all
seems like he tried.
for one thing, when you dont install the drivers for sound, then theres no way you could have sound unless you go get the drivers and install it. same for video, windows dont know what you are using, so you have to go online and get the right drivers for it, and it will be working.
Which means the parts dont work unless you have the drivers.
So if you do a normal windows install, you would need to go online and get the right drivers for it.
plus, when you buy a mobo, i comes with a CD that comes with the drivers you need. and if you dont have the cd then search online.
When i reinstall windows, its like what you described. But i search for my drivers.
these are the sites i go to get my drivers.
my wireless USB
http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&pid=F5D7050&aid=5381&scid=0
my sound/mobo drivers
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1333
and my video drivers
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp
i have to go to those sites, and download all the ones i need, and then i get my windows working as it should.
without them, it would look like crap, and most things wont work.
i have another HDD connected so i keep these files in there in case i have reinstall windows and dont have to download them again.
or you could do the easy way, which is to use the windows update.
i used it once, and they gave me the right drivers without me having to search for them.
BTW, for the people trying to find driver, dont use the links unless you have what i have, they wont work if you have a different hardware.

It's what I said, I just kinda rambled in my own words because some other thoughts were running through my head lol. But yeah..try MOBO audio. I'm assuming that is a dedicated, but I may be wrong.

either way, we have to see how Tech N9ne is doing so far on trying to resolve this problem, and see if hes making any progress.

Ok well i have done all of thoes nothing seems to work this is really annoying i appreicate everyones help but i really think this is a hard fix, and i dont want to reinstall windows :(

Its weird because it worked fine with the old realtek drivers im trying to find my mobo cd cause the vista version of realtek dosent work only the old one not sure why...

Back
Top Bottom