External HDD problem

I was just throwing an example. $30 is nothing. What you could have done, is have someone from your family buy it for you, then if you needed to return it you just ship it back to them and have them return it. You can't just buy something, with no way of returning it if you need, and leave. No offense, it's just plain dumb.

BTW, not everybody care about the manufactures warranty. Most people would just throw it away, and buy a new one, than to deal with the crap on the phone, and waiting.

Then what's wrong with spending $30 more so you buy it back here.I f you need to return all you have to do is call them up, get the return approved, and give it to them. It would be a whole lot cheaper than just buying a brand new one...

it might be cheaper, but more frustrating.
the only warranty i use is the store warranty, or neweggs.
some prefer to save themselves from getting a headache, and go out and buy a new one.
$30 is quite a lot of money, of being raised as an medium class chinese people, $5 is like $20.
my mom freaks out if i bought like a $5 dollar thing and it doesnt work.
When we were in china, i was getting a watch for $5 in US currency, and all they did was try to lower it down to $2 in US currency, and if they dont lower it, they dont buy it.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. But my whole point was that saving $30 for the risk of having a faulty piece of hardware and not be able to get it swapped, is just not worth it.

i pryed it open, its laptop hard drive, and its a sata.
so thats pretty cool, im going to hook it up to my pc to see if it works.

Remember the adaptors I listed earlier in the thread if you need them.

Also I personally hope it works for ya.

thanks, it worked.
i put it on top of a 120mm fan on the bottom of my computer to keep it cool. For now till i get some mounting brackets.
i saw the link, but it seems like the cable is for IDE, and i dont see how you put the HDD on there.... are there like long screws that can reach the HDD?
i am going to go to my local microcenter to buy a bracket.

lol!

Hope this shows all those sceptics out there.

Cool. Being a SATA it will plug straight into your mobo. I'll have a look around for some mounting brackets.

Post a pic if you can.

Back
Top Bottom