What books/Authors do you like?

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well I owe this obsession to Thelis, he really got me started.

George R. R. Martin (Thelis' suggestion) is probably the best I have read. Nothing is predictable and no-one is safe from death.

I would put Gail Z. Martin Next. She reviewed one of George's books, so I figured I'd try her out. She's written the Chronicles of the Necromancer. THe first two books were good, and I'm waiting for the third.

I just finished reading DragonForge by James Maxey. It was a great book but I don't know if I'd buy the next book in the series. It's getting too modern for me. I like the Mid-evil kind of action.

I just bought Shadows Return by Lynn Flewelling. It looks good, and she has a few three-books series written already, and it looks like this is a begining to another. A few of her previous books have been reviewed and highly praised by George Martin so I'm really hoping this lives up to my expectations.

I also got Flight of the Nighthawks by Raymond Feist tonight. He's a highly rated author and has a good number of books out there. This one really looks promising.

So what kinda stuff do you guys read?

I havent read much last couple years, but I used to love the dragonlance series by Tracy Hickman and margreit wies(cant spell) I thought they were great books...

Michael Crichton (if that's how you spell his last name). Congo was a great book, then I read State of Fear which was another great piece of writing.

I did also enjoy the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz.

Ernest Hemingway was another great author. If I'm correct, he wrote "The Old Man and the Sea".

I enjoy all kinds of books. One of the books that I need to read again is "The Music of the Primes: Searching to Solve the Greatest Mysteries in Mathematics" by Marcus du Sautoy. I would recommend this book to everyone. I read it back 2 years ago, but my knowledge of math is limited, it still is to completely understand the book, but I want to read it again.

Michael Crichton, Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, and John Grisham are at the top of my list of favorite authors. I've read a lot of books over the past several years, not sure if I have a favorite... I usually don't read too much over the summer.

Back
Top Bottom