External HDD problem

you just don't touch things you don't know about.

I have the same hdd but a 120gb and a blue light on the left tbh go to a pc shop

you just don't touch things you don't know about.

I have the same hdd but a 120gb and a blue light on the left tbh go to a pc shop

why shouldnt i touch it? i took apart a lot of small stuff and put it back together.
the PC shops here sucks, they charge you for everything, and in some places if they cant fix the problem, they scrap it.

how would you suggest to take it apart?

Two options.

Take it to a shop and pay then to tear it apart of fix it.

Or, do it your self.

Just look carefully at the unit and try and suss out how it's put together.

Remember they don't want you to get into them but you can. Cause inside you'll find a 2.5 inch drive that would probably work without the USB interface.

If there is a slit down the sides then put a knife in there and prise it apart.

i pryed it open, its laptop hard drive, and its a sata.
so thats pretty cool, im going to hook it up to my pc to see if it works.

Don't ever buy things without a receipt and don't ever throw the box away until warranty or refund dates have passed. I, personally, hope this won't work so you can learn your lesson.

I, personally, hope this won't work so you can learn your lesson.
isnt that kinda harsh?

Don't ever buy things without a receipt and don't ever throw the box away until warranty or refund dates have passed.

I was in Hong Kong, they dont give no receipt for anything you buy. The box doesnt matter if i didnt have a receipt in the first place since the receipt is the only thing that shows the date of purchase, and theres no way i can return it either way since i was in vacation and now returned in the US. everything you buy in China, can only be refunded or exchanged in China, and who actually keeps all their boxes for 1-2 years?

anyways, for those that helped, it works, so now i got a little Sata laptop hard drive. Im about to go to micro and get one of those things to convert it into a external.

and +1 for the people that helped.

Well, yeah, it's harsh, but you have to ask them for a receipt or something that will allow you to return the item. If they couldn't give you one, couldn't you just wait? I keep my boxes. I have my phone box that I bought almost 3 years ago...

how the hell can i return the item?
i bought it in HK, and now i am in the US.
For your information, i know how to buy stuff out of the US, ive been doing it for 10 years, my family reside in China.
Maybe you should go there, buy something, come back, and figure it out on how to return the thing.
The company says that if you bought it there, you cant return unless you live there, and they wont accept it if you ship it there.
why wait if i could get an authentic thing there for cheaper than i could get it in the US?
everything there is cheaper than here. You could even get an 3870 for $100 there.
I only keep my boxes if i am afraid that theres going to be something wrong with it like my mobo, or if its something that i "could" actually return.

Lol. You buy it there so you can save a couple bucks? I would never buy something say, back in Brazil, if I knew I couldn't return it through shipping. Never. It's just a dumb thing to do.

i wasnt saving a couple, more like $30.
BTW, not everybody care about the manufactures warranty. Most people would just throw it away, and buy a new one, than to deal with the crap on the phone, and waiting.
Isnt brazil a place where you shouldnt buy electronic stuff btw. not to be racial or anything.
HK is a very high electronic demanding place, their technology is very close to japans, and they are about 3 years in advance in some things like phones.

Back
Top Bottom