New Band, "AM2"

Sounds a bit too experimental sounding to me...
Song's could do with a lot of work in the post department:
Balancing in particular is pretty bad, especially in the vocals, with no volume difference to the guitars and the voices.
Alot of wrong notes in the vocals (ouch, tonnes of them infact). So bad, I'd mistaken these for live recordings, but I know they are not.

The tempo/rhythmn seems to be all over the place too in the song I'm listening to now; Seperate Ways.
Just sounds bland to me in my opinion...

Haha, yeah, its not too great, I thought the same thing about the vocals. I dont have a great ear to notice all of it, but still...

It's my friend's band. Small town high school band. I think they are pretty good for being small town. And its not really a professional recording studio, a friend of theirs had some stuff to do a little recording.

You could watch the "Behind the Luck" video on there too, its not too bad.

they arent wonderfull but i have heard much worse than them at the same time

I thought you where talking about the processor socket then :D

But I like them. The voice on "She said goodluck" could be louder at the beginning, though.

Haha, yeah, its not too great, I thought the same thing about the vocals. I dont have a great ear to notice all of it, but still...

It's my friend's band. Small town high school band. I think they are pretty good for being small town. And its not really a professional recording studio, a friend of theirs had some stuff to do a little recording.

You could watch the "Behind the Luck" video on there too, its not too bad.

I have a really good ear for it, so listening to stuff like that makes me wince.

The music's pretty good though, but they just need to do a lot more post/editing work. A bit of that, and who knows. But thats all it sounds like it needs, if it was recorded as a multi-track.

One song thats been publically released, that has out of tune vocals and I find easy to spot is:
Gabriella Cilmi - Sweet About Me

Now who notices it in the chorus?

They did record all instruments seperatly, so if you gotta any suggestions make sure you tell me, and I can pass it on, and we can get it fixed up.

The song she said goodluck is the one we made a music video for, I think we are going to get it up tonight.

Mostly, its the balancing thats off. The vocals should be louder than the guitars for instance. In a vocal track, the instruments are mostly for background use, to back up the singers.

It is possible to do voice corrections also on the latest programs, to fix a few wrong notes here and there, as long as they aren't too much out.

A bit of compressing, to get a lot more voume out of the voices, etc could pose as a thing to do too.

Back
Top Bottom