David Update?

Don't be silly.

I'm looking into how this version runs with our current PHP and MySQL

You need to upgrade PHP too, it's even a bigger security risk than our old version of VB.

mySQL access from the outside world should be shut down, as well as the database version upgraded. And upgrade Apache too, as it suffers from security flaws too.

CF security is soo poor that I won't use my CF password for anything else at all.

Need to have a firewall on the server as well.
Latest versions of SQL and PHP are in the 5+ range now. If you don't update your VB version it might be helpful to just update SQL and PHP to get current with those.

Plus if you do decide to go 3.7 or just or 3.6.10 you're going to have to have those versions to get a stable board.

The latest version available to me is 3.6.9 unless I pay the new member fee.

Which is ~£80 if I remember rightly? To be fair to David, guys, that's pretty expensive for a bunch of PHP scripts.

I've looked at the 3.6.9 bug fixes and feature list; IMO it's not worth the hassle of upgrading to it. It doesn't really offer any world-changing improvements and it'll be a pain to set up.

I say stick with what we have unless you're really prepared to cough up ~£80.

you were taken away from mod because of the way you acted with this other site. and calling it the CF bouycott forum didnt help either.

upgrade is a good idea..

Had no affect on this site. We didnt do anything.

So what if I talk smack on caraudio.com. Will you then ban me?

You're kidding right? Thanks to that forum, half of our member base at the time left. :rolleyes:

i dont remember it like that , i know at the time about half our actuve member base was over there but i dont remember that many people leaving here to post , i for one know i didnt bother doing that i did pop my head in other there though
but any way why are we even dicusiing this its done now

Back
Top Bottom