Can someone help me, is this laptop worth it?

spikey007

Baseband Member
My friend is selling me a laptop for cheap, and i dont know if i should take it.

Here are the things that is wrong with it.

- there is no windows installed (hdd wiped clean)
- the battery pack loses life as soon as AC power is cut off ( which mean needs a new battery pack)
- the laptop over heats after being on for like 40ish mins or so ( I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX THAT ) or what is wrong there
-theres marks and scratches all around the laptop. (but not on the screen)
- and the worse is that the barcode/serial number is scratched off from the back. SO I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL DRIVERS ON THIS THING IF I INSTALL WINDOWS XP ON IT.

NOW THE GOOD -

- it has an 80 gig hdd
- 512 mb RAM
- 3.2 P4 processor
- built in wireless and lan

and yea

soo should i get this guys??? i'll take pics if necessary.
i'm just trying to figure out why it heats up then shuts off..

he said $150. its a TOSHIBA SATTELITE IT HAS LIKE AN 18' inch screen. Dont get me wrong its a nice laptop, and i can install windows myself i just dont know how much a new battery pack is and wats wrong with the heating issue

Heating thing is quite obvious since it's a P4, they were not intended for laptops. A bit of dirt in the heatsinks on the inside and the thing will over heat.

18" Screen is WAAAY too big for a laptop, makes it very hard to carry around. It's old, its slow and the battery has failed which will cost 100-150$ to replace or possibly rebuild a battery for slightly cheaper.

My friend is selling me a laptop for cheap, and i dont know if i should take it.

Here are the things that is wrong with it.

- there is no windows installed (hdd wiped clean)
- the battery pack loses life as soon as AC power is cut off ( which mean needs a new battery pack)
- the laptop over heats after being on for like 40ish mins or so ( I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX THAT ) or what is wrong there
-theres marks and scratches all around the laptop. (but not on the screen)
- and the worse is that the barcode/serial number is scratched off from the back. SO I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL DRIVERS ON THIS THING IF I INSTALL WINDOWS XP ON IT.

NOW THE GOOD -

- it has an 80 gig hdd
- 512 mb RAM
- 3.2 P4 processor
- built in wireless and lan

and yea

soo should i get this guys??? i'll take pics if necessary.
i'm just trying to figure out why it heats up then shuts off..

I wouldn't buy it if I were you, not worth $150 at all, offer him $50 at the most.

well if i offered him $50 and he said yeah. how do i fix the OVERHEATING ISSUE??? CUZ I FOUND A NEW BATTERY PACK FOR $69.00 SHIPPED

Back
Top Bottom