Slow Boot screen, No virus

dakxxus

BSOD
So after about 2 months of this, I am yet again asking for help. When i turn my PC on, after it boots past all the proper menus, and after the windows XP logo is done, it hangs on a black screen for sometimes 20 seconds, sometimes almost a minute. Its even sat there for several minutes, thus forcing me to restart the computer. I am 99.99% sure that it isn't a software or virus problem. Why? Because i have scanned with AVG 8.0, Ad-aware, Avast!, and Spybot S&D. I regularly defrag, and run CCleaner a lot. I also noticed the same this with my other HDD running Vista. It will sit on a black screen after the windows logo (just the bars for vista) is done loading. It isn't short enough for me to ignore, things like this bother me.

I did some thinking, and came up with this. After i bought a GX2, i didn't run driver sweeper to delete all the old files. I haven't ever done this, even after installing about 4 different forceware versions. BUT, when i do run driver sweeper in safe mode, it does nothing. I set it so it would "Prompt" a restart after removing the nvidia files. I selected the nvidia (not chipset) and ran & cleaned. Nothing happened, i bring it back up and lo and behold, there are the intact nvidia driver files. So any help of why this doesn't work would be great.

Besides that, i haven't done anything hardware wise ever. I installed vista 3 weeks ago, and the problems were occurring before this too.

Any help?

Windows is trying to load something, have you looked in msconfig/Startup tab and unchecked all unnecessary items?

ha ha i love this part,

get rid of "unless you know you use it at the start of your poc everytime.

ctfmon
ashdap
nvmctray
cfp
ico
rivatuner
pclecoinst
cthelper
ctxfihlp
popup
iaanotif
ctdvddet
updreg
isuspm
eulalanucher
nvcpl
nwiz

or all of em lol

So did it help you? I would uninstall some of the applications I'm not using. Also that might be due to the email client sending requests to often. No?

Isnt it dangerous to delete all the startup things? I know i need rivatuner and a couple other ones, but deleting all of them isnt dangerous?

It is. Definetly don't switch them all off, as like you said, you probably want some running.

Do you really need the Dell startup thing though?...

From that list though, I can't find anything specifically that would slow your system down.

Try and uninstall the graphics drivers properly. Reset the computer so it runs at the native resolution, and then install the drivers again.

Back
Top Bottom