2 Questions - 1 Post...Please Help!

religion2386

In Runtime
I have an old computer that was built around 2000. My mom has had it at her school (teacher)....It now has XP on it and she has a admin password. I cant get into the computer and she doesnt know her password. I tried poppin my XP disc in there but it wont bring up the "Press any key to boot from cd" message. What should I do?

Next Question

I have another built computer...old...has XP on it. Old as in no ethernet plug in...I got a virus on there some how the last time I was using it ( I moved ). Now Im settled back in and working on getting sattelite internet. I was going to reformat. I do this ----press Delete-->keyboard to read from CDROM in BIOS--...Computer restarts and I get the boot from CD message, but when I press a key its like my keyboard is unresponsive yet I know it works because I use it to change the settings in the BIOS...

What do I do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

First question: Start the computer and keep pressing delete. That will bring up the BIOS. While in the BIOS, find the boot order settings and set the CD drive to boot first. It should then work.

Second question: I have no idea why it wont detect your keyboard. Is it PS2 or USB?

1.go in to Bios (usually pressing del) and set boot from CD as an option, then reboot. on reboot it'll ask you my pressing a key if you want to boot from CD :cool:

2.You can reformat while actually in XP instead of booting from the CD. while in the OS just pop the cd in then a window should automatically pop up and just go from there

Oh and it looks like Flightsim is a little quiker than i am :eek:

Well both are in set to boot from cd...1st question...already did the boot from cd...it just 4 what ever reason won't do it...2nd question...its a usb keyboard...I can access the xp cd from the desktop...my options are install xp..install optional windows components...perform additional tasks and check system compatabilility???

try press f8 when you boot your pc on and go into safe mode and turn your passwords of, if you cant turn your password off stay in safe mode and go to start > run > type cmd > cmd appears, now type > net user > now type in net user NAME (name=admins name) > now type a password for it

Ok new problem....The 1st problem listed....now I cant even get back to the XP login screen. I tried to boot from CD again and it said " Failed" It just stays at black screen when I normally boot up and Ive never seen this one or any other do that??

2nd problem...2nd one listed....Its a 01 HP...It takes anywhere from 3-10 restarts before you can get the desktop to come up....It goes through the XP screen with the little green dots, and then the blue screen that says welcome to microsoft or microsoft welcomes you IDK what it says. Then I can see the background to my desktop, but the icons or nothing EVER comes up....I left it on that screen ALL night and nothing :(......

Any help or suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom