Nascar

Nah, that would be soccer.

sport (spôrt, sprt) n.
Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

Things that make NASCAR a physical activity:

No, but seriously, this is why NASCAR is not a sport: because it relies all on the equipment. If I were to get Ronaldinho's cleats, and he were to be barefoot, he'd still whoop me in a game of soccer. If I got Lebron's shoes, and he was barefoot, he'd also still whoop me in a game of basketball. However, if I had Tony Stewart's car, and he had my 94 Sable, he would NOT whoop me. In fact, theres a pretty good chance that I would win. Hence, NASCAR not being a sport. An activity, yes, but not a sport.

By your definition no form of motorsports should be considered a "sport".

I'd put my money on Smoke in your '94 Sable. You ever driven a race car at speed? It's not as easy as they make it look.

Not completely true though. I bet if I raced against Lewis Hamilton in his MP4-23 F1 car and he drove my BMW he would still manage to beat me. Why? Because F1 cars are probably the hardest vehicles to drive. Everything is too tightly wound and so sensitive that if you go over the limit you're done.

If the engine doesn't detect enough power as you try to change gear it immediately cuts out power. If you don't go fast enough, you can't heat your tires to the temperature needed for maximum grip and you just lose traction. Formula 1 cars have no traction control either, so if you put just a wee bit too much throttle on the exit of a corner you're out. Hell, the engine oil that F1 cars use have to be pre-warmed before the car is started or the engine just seizes up.

Haha, I bet if I drove a Formula 1 car I would either crash it or blow the engine because it's way out of my league. Which would then result in me getting owned my Lewis Hamilton in my own BMW. :p

sport (spôrt, sprt) n.
Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

Things that make NASCAR a physical activity:

No, but seriously, this is why NASCAR is not a sport: because it relies all on the equipment. If I were to get Ronaldinho's cleats, and he were to be barefoot, he'd still whoop me in a game of soccer. If I got Lebron's shoes, and he was barefoot, he'd also still whoop me in a game of basketball. However, if I had Tony Stewart's car, and he had my 94 Sable, he would NOT whoop me. In fact, theres a pretty good chance that I would win. Hence, NASCAR not being a sport. An activity, yes, but not a sport.
How about lets see you drive a car at 190mph around Daytona with 42 other cars all bunched up in a pack and see how long it takes you to wreck. You'd be wrecking before you got to the backstretch.

What you typed there is total bs. It's not physical activity huh? You don't think dealing with all the g-forces in a race car isn't hard on your body? You don't think the drivers have to be in excellent physical condition to deal with that? Think again.

Haha, you should see what kind of g-forces Formula 1 drivers have to deal with. Going through tight turns at high speed requires very very high standards in physical training.

Nah, that would be soccer.

soccer is a loads much better than nascar IMO , im sorry buit have you ever watched a full 90 minutes of soccer its a pretty good game i mean some games can be boring but when you get 2 good teams playing its a very interesting game to watch , and im not even that interested in soccer tbh i know loads of people who are proper soccer fanatics but then again its a big sport over here in the UK

Soccer is kinda boring, but I'd rather watch that then watch NASCAR and baseball.

well each to his own soccer isnt the most popular sport in the world for nothing when you get 2 good teams playing it can be a very interesting game sometimes games are won or lost in the last few minutes which can keep you on the edge of your seat
whereas nascar well IMO not very interesting why would i want to watch some guys drive round an oval all day in cars that are pretty much the same as each other i know there may be skill invvolved in driging round at 190mph but that dosent make it interesting at all , if i had to pick a motosport i would pick any form of track racing with proper corners and such i mean look at F1 you know i read an article that said the technology in nascar cars would have been obselete to formula one cars back in the 80'S so not only do they just drive round in circles but they use technology from the 80's to make the cars wow really sounds interesting . all i can say is thank god they dont have nascar over here in good old england

and to all those who say it is physically demanding how come there are some Nascar drivers in their 50's you dont see that in real sports like soccer and rugby etc , you dont even see it in F1 or rally

Rubens Barrichello is 36 I believe and he's the oldest driver in Formula 1 still racing. Currently drives for the Honda F1 Racing Team alongside Jenson Button.

Back
Top Bottom