4ghzs Q6600- What Next?

Very cool looking machine, definitely go with the 4870's. The next 6 months of GPU warfare should be very interesting.. and it can only mean immense power for less money which is good for everyone :)

@ OP, just out of curiosity, what vcore are you feeding the Q6600 in the bios (and what is that under load ? vdroop?) to hit 4.0GHz, also what is the FPO/Batch number of your chip? What VID?

Unless you want to wait for the 4870x2 the 4870 in Crossfire would be the way to go imo

@ OP, just out of curiosity, what vcore are you feeding the Q6600 in the bios (and what is that under load ? vdroop?) to hit 4.0GHz, also what is the FPO/Batch number of your chip? What VID?
I'm curious too, I asked the same questions.
Unless you want to wait for the 4870x2 the 4870 in Crossfire would be the way to go imo
Apparently (I'm not sure if it was AMD who said it or FUD), the HD 4870 X2 will be 10%-15% faster than 4870 CF due the the Crossfire sideport which will be enabled in the X2's RV770s, allowing for them to communicate better. The PLX bridge has also been greatly improved.
Amen.

Me and Worship always go side by side with this discussion ^^
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Shantei again" :D

I'm curious too, I asked the same questions.
Yeah, I saw that but I wanted more than you asked for :p

I also want to know what FSB/multi was used, 445*9? 500*8?

I'd be real impressed if he/she has succeeded in getting a Q6600 to run at 500MHz FSB

Sweet, liquid cooling. I might do that soon, but graphics card will come first.

4ghz! thats crazy
my temps on stock r to high for any thing except maybe a little fsb bump

Hey guys, sorry about late reply

Can see by the looks of things you guys really want to know:
1) Vcore Voltage
2) FSB/ Multiplier
3) CPU VID
4) FPO/Batch Number Of Q6600

I will be taking screenshots/ Photos (for bios) of these today- Just need to pop into hardware store to get some DVD-R's to reinstall vista before i take any screenshots (My orginal Vista dvd errr "broke")

Just going now, ill post some more pictures at the same time as posting information you guys want. In the mean time check out this: (Its the same board as me with full custom waterblocks on SB,NB,Mofets and CPU)

img1831vq0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom