Fuel Prices in UK

I'm fairly certain we're not going to kill the planet, its been around for a few trillion years, or something like that, and humans have inhabited it for maybe a few thousand years. Just remember everything we produce and consume comes from the planet. When humans become extinct the planet will rebuild itself.

And gas prices are ridiculous, and there isn't a reason for it, besides that the powers that be are greedy. They could make a profit at selling gas for $.75 a gallon, but they don't because they realized that there aren't just a few large developed nations that require a huge demand for gasoline anymore. Now more developed nations are sprouting up and requiring more gas so the prices went up for more demand. As minimal as it may be, the demand for gas in the US has actually dropped yet prices continue to rise.

I am british and have lived here and born here for 20 years now and to say its costing a fortune to live here, our house prices are to high due to USA , because their stock market sucks big time.

supply is what also drives the price of oil. The bloke with the 'hole in the ground' wants a bit extra income this week so he goes out and closes the gate valve off another 1/2 turn. Less supply so those wanting it will pay a bit more for it.

petrol prices have gone up as well.

Diesel generally costs more because it's a more energy dense fuel, generally a litre of diesel will produce more power than a litre of petrol.

Diesel fuels wide range of use can be accredited to its overall efficiency and high energy deliverance. For this reason, diesel fuel offers anywhere from 18 to 30 percent more energy than gasoline

when comparing the cost between price per gallon also don't forget that a US gallon is smaller than an english gallon.

e.g 1 metrix litre of diesel fuel costs me 132.9p

there are 3.785 litres in a US gallon. (4.55 in an imperial gallon).

that mean UK diesel costs £5.03p per US gallon.
or $9.93 (USD) per US gallon.

a UK gallon costs £6.04 or $11.93 (USD).

oddly enough, that's one of the reasons that cars sold in europe appear to have much better MPG than US cars, (as the gallon is smaller).

Its actually $9.84 per gallon. and a uk gallon costs £5.48 a gallon.

I am british and have lived here and born here for 20 years now and to say its costing a fortune to live here, our house prices are to high due to USA , because their stock market sucks big time.
the british house prices are high because or the british economy, this has been going on for years, inflation is becoming uncontrolable, and the country has pretty much no national reserve of anything worth any money left.

you'll find that the american stock market *generally* doesn't effect british house prices.

house prices are not only affected by inflation, but also by the ability to get loans and stuff.

it may be that the US saw a credit crunch before the UK, but the US is ina state of recovery now according to some reports, things are looking up, as things in britain are looking down. -i.e if things in britain were that badly affected by america we'd have seen this earlier, been hit harder and on our way out by now.

supply is what also drives the price of oil. The bloke with the 'hole in the ground' wants a bit extra income this week so he goes out and closes the gate valve off another 1/2 turn. Less supply so those wanting it will pay a bit more for it.
the high price has a lot to do with global demand, and it's not about shutting off demand.

(I can't remember the exact numbers from the news, but...) ten years ago the oil field were producing something like 90 million barrels of oil a day, world consumption was at 86 million barrels, and there was a 4 million barrel a day surpless that was stock piled.

now supply is still at 90 million barrels of oil a day, but demand is 98 million barrels a day, and there is an 8 million barrel a day deficite. thus the oild goes to the highest bidder.

it's a sellers market, that's just how it works.

apparantly, saudi arabia *can* increase production in order to sustain current demand, however demand does keep going up.
and oil reserves are becoming harder to actually find.

it's got nothing to do with people limiting supply, or turning down supply for greed, (as I said supply has remains largly unchanged), it's to do with the fact that at the moment there are a lot of developing economies in the world who also need oil, and the increased demand drives up the price.

Its actually $9.84 per gallon. and a uk gallon costs £5.48 a gallon.

By what maths is that? also what hell kind of exchange rate did you use? it's currently 1.97779USD to 1GBP ($9.84 = £4.97) (£5.48= $10.83)... (and you work as an accountant?)

if a UK gallon is 4.55 litres you are suggesting that fuel only costs £1.20 a litre. (I can't believe I just said only)

and if you're using the american "queen anne" gallon, then you are suggesting it costs £1.44 per litre, (far higher than anyone has said so far!)

Haha, if only we were in a state of recovery, I would be happy, but were pretty much one major catastrophe away from American Depression II...

root im next door to the post office and its 1.98119 the exchange rate.

and i did'nt do exchange rate like i said thats the cost in uk and the cost in us is $9.84 about, depends where you are.

and prices are high because their aint enough houses and its a credit crunch which leaves not enough for people to get a morgage.

if a guy sold his house 1 guy says hi ill buy it , he says right thats 200k, he can't afford it, so someone else says ill give you 200k, but wait, someone says ill give you 205k, and people just do that but prices on houses are comming down and soon their will be new petrol demands.

also im a trainee, i do vat and bookkeeping not petrol ffs, ill be learning the tax soon so await and i'll know quite alot

root im next door to the post office and its 1.98119 the exchange rate.

and i did'nt do exchange rate like i said thats the cost in uk and the cost in us is $9.84 about, depends where you are.

also im a trainee, i do vat and bookkeeping not petrol ffs, ill be learning the tax soon so await and i'll know quite alot
OK, I just pulled the exchange rate off of xe.com and that's yesterdays rate...

even so the american guys on here say it's about $4.8 per gallon, (that's US gallon) post#3. so where did you get the $9.84 figure from?
if the exchange rate is 1.98119 how can petrol be

$9.84 USD = £4.96 so where did you pull 5.48 from?

basically, using the absolute highest figures quoted here.
diesel US = $4.8 USD (post#3) per QA gallon
diesel UK = £1.41 GBP (post#7) per litre

that's a total of
diesel US = $4.8 USD per QA gallon
diesel UK = £5.33 GBP per QA gallon

diesl US = $4.8 USD per QA gallon / £2.42 GBP per QA gal (£0.62 per litre)
diesl UK = $10.57 USD per QA gal / £5.33 GBP per QA gal (£1.41 per litre)

in short, the UK still pays more than twice as much for heavy oil vehicle fuel (diesel) that then US does...
and I won't confuse the facts by posting amounts for the imperial gallon, which is a different unit of mesaurement from the US gallon.

Right at $4 where I'm at. Costs me $30-45 to fill up my Jetta depending on how long I let it go.

i just paid £1.32.9 a liter for diesel.. the highest ive seen around here is £1.44.9 and the lowest ive seen is what ive just paid.. either way you americains are paying way under half as much as we are...

as i said before.. at least the b@@@@@d MP's have got their second houses :rolleyes:.

if they reduced the tax to a reasonable level, mabye people would actually be able to afford to get to work..

when i started driving 2 1/2 years ago diesel was at £0.84 a liter, and im currently paying £1.32.9.. that is a pathetic increase in a couple of years. the government need to sort themselves out and stop taking the piss.

i just paid £1.32.9 a liter for diesel.. the highest ive seen around here is £1.44.9 and the lowest ive seen is what ive just paid.. either way you americains are paying way under half as much as we are...

as i said before.. at least the b@@@@@d MP's have got their second houses :rolleyes:.

if they reduced the tax to a reasonable level, mabye people would actually be able to afford to get to work..

when i started driving 2 1/2 years ago diesel was at £0.84 a liter, and im currently paying £1.32.9.. that is a pathetic increase in a couple of years. the government need to sort themselves out and stop taking the piss.

Dont even get me started about the MP's second home thing that is utterly ridiculous how they get to furnish themselves a second home with luxury items from the "John Lewis" list whereas everyone else has no money because they are busy spending it on fuel so they can go earn a decent living ,
i am not saying the MP's should not have somewhere to stay whilst in london but i think that the houses of commons should just buy/build a large block of flats near the houses of parliaments furnish them out to a very basic minimum and let the MP's use them whilst they need a a place to stay in london would be much more cost effective than giving them nearly £30K a year for a luxury flat in london

I also think its stupid how my city manchester is now talking about implementing a congestion charge on top of the rising road tax and petrol prices i really hope the public vote no in the referendum because this wont just have effects for manchester but the rest of the country as once the two biggest cities take up a congestions charges others will sureley follow suit and the number of cities using a congestion charging system will rise and then you wont be able to drive anywhere without paying loads of money

I'm fairly certain we're not going to kill the planet, its been around for a few trillion years, or something like that, and humans have inhabited it for maybe a few thousand years. Just remember everything we produce and consume comes from the planet. When humans become extinct the planet will rebuild itself.

And gas prices are ridiculous, and there isn't a reason for it, besides that the powers that be are greedy. They could make a profit at selling gas for $.75 a gallon, but they don't because they realized that there aren't just a few large developed nations that require a huge demand for gasoline anymore. Now more developed nations are sprouting up and requiring more gas so the prices went up for more demand. As minimal as it may be, the demand for gas in the US has actually dropped yet prices continue to rise.

Last time I checked, they didnt have "highways", "pickup trucks" or "jet engines" in the stone age!

the congestion charge is complete BS.

we already pay stupidly high road tax, we shouldnt have to pay to drive places too.. thats what the tax is for..

the government is destroying this country... yay for recession...

Back
Top Bottom