Video card help, please.

codysatan

Beta member
Ok so i have a ATI Radeon 2600Pro, its plugged in correctly, i made sure i meet the requirements, but my monitor is not working and the fan on the card itself it not working(meaning the card isn't getting power?) an anyone give me step by step on how to add this video card, to double check if i did it correctly, or any input on what exactly to do from having the old video card in, removing old drivers, adding new card, installing new drivers.

What are your specs?

It seems like the card is not getting any power at all, so what is your power supply?

Is this a new video card or used? I assume it's an AGP card.

It should be getting power if it's fully seated properly in the slot and the 4-pin power connector is attached.

Is this a new video card or used? I assume it's an AGP card.

It should be getting power if it's fully seated properly in the slot and the 4-pin power connector is attached.

Its a new card, I'm out of ideas on what to do =[ maybe i whent wrong in the instructions, the manual isn't very helpful.

It is an AGP card.

Do the old drivers "Need" to be uninstalled first off, or an they be uninstalled after the new card is in, also, i notcied the fan on the card starts for a split second when i power on my pc

Well, was your previous card an ATi? If so, then the drivers might not have to be un-installed.

Go to ati.com and get the latest drivers anyway just in case.

This is not a driver issue, I am sure though.

Do you know your PSU's brand and model number, or how many amps on the 12V rail?

Well, was your previous card an ATi? If so, then the drivers might not have to be un-installed.

Go to ati.com and get the latest drivers anyway just in case.

This is not a driver issue, I am sure though.

Do you know your PSU's brand and model number, or how many amps on the 12V rail?

Brand is NZXT
Model No. MPT 400

Back
Top Bottom