Car Thread!

It was the Z06. They are pretty much on a level playing field until you get up to speed since the Lotus has so much downforce that it limits top speed to 170 or something like that.

0-60 for the Exige S I believe is 4.1 which makes it like .1 slower than a Z06.

Either way I'd still take a Lotus Exige over a Vette. I can't see myself owning anything with over 6 cylinders with rising gas prices. Then again, if I could afford either of these vehicles I probably wouldn't be daily driving them anyway.

Turbo all the way. You have to look at the application though. For me, a turbo is about $1k more expensive for basically the same result as an SC. If I were to use it to its full potential, it would blow up my trans.

But usually for the same price you will make more power and torque with a turbo.

Turbo. You get more lag the bigger you go, but you get less parasitical loss compared to a supercharger. Also I love the sound of turbochargers :D

The whine of a supercharger is pretty sexy too. :)

Superchargers are good if you have large displacement engines that are torquey since you're going to lose some torque anyways. Turbocharging is great for smaller engines like four-pots.

But to get the most power, you have to go with a turbo. A super can get 50-100hp, and you can get a smaller pully for slightly more power, but a turbo or twin turbo set-up can add 100s of hp. There is a a twin turbo 302 ranger that has around 700hp now I think.

Depends what kind of races you participate in though. For courses with lots of straights and high speed sectors it's nice to have a turbo because you get lots of power as long as you keep your revs up. For tight courses with high-speed and low-speed sectors it's not as good because once your revs drop you get all this turbo lag, especially if you have a huge turbo.

Of course, from a pure performance standpoint turbos do give more than superchargers. I still wouldn't mind either one. Any boost = win. :D

Modern turbos are way more efficient as far as lag goes, and as long as you're not running one much larger than a human head, there are tricks and tuning you can do to cut it down a lot. :p

And the turbo has that part where the turbo kicks in... sets you back in your seat.

Of course, of all forced induction, the one with the instant responce and most power, would probably be a straight shot of NOS.

Back
Top Bottom