What OS to use?

mmb42

Baseband Member
Here is what I have:

AMD Phenom QuadCore 9500 AM2+ 2.2ghz 4mb cache
AMD Phenom Original stock fan and heatsink
Kingbox DDR2 PC2-6400 2GB1/800MHZ (Micron D9)
ECS Black Series A780GM-A (780G AM2+ 4DDR-1066 PCI-E 2.0)
Western Digital 160GB 7200rpm 8mb sata II
ATI Radeon HD 3450 512MB DVI VGA TV-OUT
ATI Raedon HD 3200 Graphics (Blue ray/HD DVD/FUll HD)
Onboard network card
Raidmax ATX 450W Dual Fan Power Supply

Here is what I know about computers:
Nothing

Here is the current OS I am using:
Microsoft Windows Xp
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Here are my current issues:
Video in all players runs at double time (includes video on youtube, video run in winamp on my computer, anything and all videos run too fast.)
Speakers/or headphones/or any sound doesn't work. No sound at all.

What OS do you guys recommend for my computer? Or other suggestions?

You've helped me before with my internet connection, so I figured I'd give the forum yet another try :D :D

O.k. thanks for your suggestions, because I think a lot of my problems have to do with the OS I am using. I might be wrong though.

I think you could download drivers that would fix some of those issues.

Especially with the sound problems you have.

Yeah well here is what I did...I downloaded one of those programs that finds your out of date drivers. (its called driver genius, remember I know nothing about computers :( but i am learning) Anyways it did indeed find outdated drivers, but when I agreed and installed them, then my winamp and such wouldn't work AT All! It just said error. So I reloaded my old drivers until I know what to do.

Click on the link below....

LINK.

Here it will list all the drivers for your motherboard.

And I see a sound driver, released not that long ago, for your motherboard.

In fact you might want to download the whole lot. As long as the motherboard that is shown is yours.

Thank you so much. I will try this now, and that indeed is my motherboard. I will update after I am done. Hopefully this works. I feel like such a moron.

Hey!!!! Thank you so much!!! It works!!!

I bought this computer like MONTHS ago and now I have working video AND sound! haha!

Really thank you so much for your help. I downloaded and installed all the drivers there and things are working perfectly now!!! I am super excited!

Hey!!!! Thank you so much!!! It works!!!

I bought this computer like MONTHS ago and now I have working video AND sound! haha!

Really thank you so much for your help. I downloaded and installed all the drivers there and things are working perfectly now!!! I am super excited!

:D

I can see your well excited!

You know where to come when you need help in the future....

:)

Back
Top Bottom