Will it run?

smileii

Baseband Member
I got this 512 ram off a friend who had a pc made about the same time as mine (few years ago)

Current Motherboard :

Field Value
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7VM333M-RZ (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Current 512RAM :

Field Value
System Memory 512 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)

RAM i want to put in extra :

512M DDR333 DIMM 2.5-3-3
S/N:142073-0202 [GG] (didn't know if this info was needed)

PS. for my last post on my pcs sound problem it fixed itself :D

Ok thanks, so when im putting it in does it matter which way any of the sides are facing? the both sides look the same :x.

There is a notch in the contacts of the memory that will line up with the bump in the memory slot. It will only install one way.

Here's an example:
install_dimmslot.gif

Where there is two notches in the picture there is only one on this, the notch is not in the center.

That's fine. The pic was just an example of what it looks like. Just line up the one notch on yours with the bump or key in the slot and you should be good to go.

It probably looks more like this:
InstallingRAM.gif

As above.

But it's keyed and you cannot insert the module the wrong way.

It'll either slot right in or it won't slot in at all.

Ok took all the above adive, put it in, clipped it in place, turned on my pc and after a blue screen flashed, pc restarted and the same thing happened, so i took it out. any ideas?

Either the module is corrupt or your PC can't take anymore RAM. The module is probably corrupt, but we need to know the exact error to find out.

Go to start menu, right click on Computer and go to properties, then go to advanced system settings, then startup and recovery settings, then uncheck the box that says "automatically restart", then shutdown and try to re-create the problem.

Back
Top Bottom