dual boot setup

Celticsfan

Banned
I have a dual boot system setup. One each on it's own partition. I would like to delete 1 so it will free up the hard drive space for the other. How do I go about doing this. One OS is server 2000 and the other is server 2003.

cheers

ok you need to know which 1 controls the boot menu otherwise you could be buggered. find out which 1 controls the boot menu and then hope its the 1 u wonna keep, if so and it is on its own partition simply format it

How do I find out which 1 controls the boot menu, please? Also, how do I find out if it is on it's own partition?

thx

Ok, bascially delete the one that is NOT your operating system, to do this, right click 'my computer' click manage, click disk management, now right click your other OS and format it.

Save things that you may need before formatting.

Alternativ way would be to put your OS disk in and restart your pc, now tap del or f2 and a blue screen will appear, now look for a menu where your boot order is, normally its advanced bios features or boot menu, now choose your disk as number 1 and harddrive 2, now press f10 / save and press Y for yes to save and exit, now it should spin your os disk and a black screen appears saying press any key to boot from cd, press a key and it will load things up, now go threw the instructions and follow ir threw to you come to your partion part, now you can press D on the highlighted one you want of then press L and it should del, goodluck man.

Back
Top Bottom