Agp 2x :d

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I just got Toca Race Driver 2 and Race Driver GRID today. GRID runs really nicley on my PC, but I can't get Race Driver 2 to work at all, whenever I open it, it asks me to rebbot my PC. Anyway, I have a spare PC which has XP on it, this would be able to run the game except the graphics card is a bit behind and so is the CPU. It has a Pentium III @ 700MHz and an nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB (it can just about handle my desktop @ 1440x900). So I was wondering, what is the best card that PC can handle (CPU-Z says it can support up to AGP 4X, it is a Dell Dimension XPS T700R), and with this a new graphics card, will it be able to play Toca Race Driver 2 at, at least medium settings? Thanks.

Also I have found cheap PIII's at 866MHz (Slot 1), would that also be worth the upgrade? Or I could just get a cheap P$ pc on ebay - I have a spare AGP 8X card (Radeon 9550) that could go with that.

You should try putting the Radeon 9550 into the Dell. It may be able to play that game. Just remember to uninstall the drivers for the TNT card and get the newest Catalyst drivers from ATI for the Radeon card.

Here's a nice video card that will run those games just fine: SAPPHIRE Radeon X1650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X.

I wouldn't bother trying to upgrade the PIII as it's not worth the money for such an old system. You would be better off saving up your money and then building or buying a new rig.

Thanks, I can't put the 9550 in the Dell, I tried before and it doesn't fit. I don't need to build a new PC, I just did :p (signature), its just this game refuses to run on vista, I don't want to dual boot, I have done it before and I don't like the fuss of it. Anyway thanks for the help, I suggested upgrading the PII as I found an 866MHz one for under £5!

Ahh ok. I have tried installing in compatibility mode, playing in compatibility mode, patching, unistalling, running as admin, opening in safe mode etc, nothing works :(. I have found a Pentium 4 PC on ebay for £50, it will do the job as my Radeon will fit it and it has a P4, only thing is seems a waste just for one game, I'll give it some thought. By the way here is my sig/spec:

Desktop: Custom Build: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 64-Bit/ 4096 MB RAM DDR2 925MHz/ nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 512MB G92 @ 750MHz Core/ Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 3.40GHz/ 400GB Sata II 7200rpm/ Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE/ 5.1 Philips Surround Sound 70W, 19 Ich Widescreen LG

Thanks again.

Have you checked to see if there are any patches available for Toca Race Driver 2?

You didn't need to post your sig, they are displayed on your profile page.

Back
Top Bottom