Delta 1010L Audio Card

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I bought this Delta 1010L 10in/10out PCI Virtual Studio thinking I can record vocals with this, is it possible? or do I need a different card. I hope you can since I already have it now. I need to at least hook up my microphone so I can record to sound more professional than the onboard soundcard for recording. If I can use this card to hook up to a microphone where does it go. please any help.

If this card does not, please refer me to 1 that I can that will record my vocals decent. ty

awesome thank you, you just made my day. Where do i get this preamp thing? i dont see anything about it in the manual to ur link

Afetr reading through the manual for the 1010LT, it appears that it will accept a microphone level input. Under the picture of the Breakout Cable 2, it says:
10. Analog Inputs 1-2: These jacks input analog audio from a variety of external sources. Each jack is female XLR and is compatible with two-conductor (typically XLR or TRS) balanced connections. Inputs 1&2 can be set via jumpers on the PCI card to accept either line level or mic level signals. These cables are tan in color, with the jacks colored white for left and red for right.

Further down in the manual it states:
NOTE: Analog inputs 3 through 8 on the Delta 1010LT do not have microphone pre-amplifiers built into them. Therefore direct connection to a microphone is not recommended. Instead run the microphone signal through a microphone pre-amp (such as the M-Audio "Audio Buddy™" or M-Audio “DMP2™”) and then connect the pre-amp output to the input of the Delta 1010LT.

It looks like it depends on which type if connection your mic uses.

nice ty

I'm looking at all these different plug ins, which 1 fits the microphone? I guess it has to hook up directly to the mic from that 3 molor plug in one. But there is 2 of those plugs on the card, one white and 1 red

Back
Top Bottom