Fuel Prices in UK

Fabric1601

In Runtime
Recently we had, and still having, an enormous increase in the fuel prices in Britain. From one side it is good cause we'ge going to slow down the inevitable death of the planet. But from another point of view (i'm from this side of the view) why the hell they need to do so - the planet is gonna die anyway!!! I'm living in London for 7th year already. I arrived here July '01, from august '03 I'm owing a vehicle (diesel) and just for comparison - between 2003 and jan 2007 the price of the diesel went from 0.72 pence per litre to around 0.90 - 0.95. Nowadays a litre of diesel costs 1 pound 34 pence!!! I think the facts speak for themselves... That is just descrimination against diesel motorists......
If there are any britons around the forum, could you please express your opinion about the situation?
For non-britons - where are you living and how is the fuel issue over there??

petrol prices have gone up as well.

Diesel generally costs more because it's a more energy dense fuel, generally a litre of diesel will produce more power than a litre of petrol.

americans have it easy, i tried the calulation once but i got cought out coz of the american vs english gallon, but it is much much cheaper in us than uk for petrol

I'm fairly certain we're not going to kill the planet, its been around for a few trillion years, or something like that, and humans have inhabited it for maybe a few thousand years. Just remember everything we produce and consume comes from the planet. When humans become extinct the planet will rebuild itself.

And gas prices are ridiculous, and there isn't a reason for it, besides that the powers that be are greedy. They could make a profit at selling gas for $.75 a gallon, but they don't because they realized that there aren't just a few large developed nations that require a huge demand for gasoline anymore. Now more developed nations are sprouting up and requiring more gas so the prices went up for more demand. As minimal as it may be, the demand for gas in the US has actually dropped yet prices continue to rise.

well i heard once that the government in the uk takes around 60p per litre of petrol that mean bp or shell only take like 60p a litre aswell so the petrol company has to go dig wholes for a few months, finally find oil, take it to a efinary play with it for a few weeks / months to get it to usable petrol shit it from country to country and then deliver it to a petrol station near you and they only take 60p per litre and yet the governemnt jus says ummmm...... ill have half of that please

converting from UK to US.. it works out at about $14 a gallon for diesel..

the most expensive ive seen was £1.41 a litre yesterday..

it is absolutely ludicrous..

but at least the b@@@@@d MP's have their nice second houses..

:rolleyes:

americans have it easy, i tried the calulation once but i got cought out coz of the american vs english gallon, but it is much much cheaper in us than uk for petrol

You have to take into account that the cost of living in Europe in general is higher than the US, but we get paid more. Our minimum wage is higher than the US so it isn't just a case of converting £ into $ and gasping at the difference.

Gas stations around here sell it for about $.05 or less profit sometimes per gallen. In Wisconson, they had to make a law that you couldnt sell it for less then it was bought for...

Back
Top Bottom