Ooo Worship Help !!! (hd 4870)

Now you can experience the HD 4870 awesomeness!

let's keep our fingers crossed, it could be the answer, but it could also be something else, hopefully it is the answer...

gl dude...

This is what you need.

I have an Apple converter connected to my graphics card because the monitor i'm using has the HD15F, standard, connector on the end of the lead.

the DVI connectors on the card could be the initial problem, he needs to try to hook the monitor up with the RGB connection and resolve the frequency issue, then hopefully the DVI will work afterwards...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE

I went to 4 computer-related stores...the closest actual supply store is way too far away..for tonight.

AND NO ONE HAD THE FREAKIN ADAPTER

Pieces of Shat

,/angryface

Until Tomorrow !

The Second card has just arrived, I've attempted to run it through DVI as well as RGB and neither has worked.

Should I just go buy another card that isn't pci-e and switch over those settings that are inhibiting me from running this card?

Thanks

So I've now tried all these methods on a CRT and an LCD monitor.

To no luck..figuring I'll have to purchase a PCI card? to get this going...*sigh*

If you can't get the required adapter, I guess it's the only option. It seems you're having about as much luck as I had a few weeks ago. I'm sure you could get them on Ebay for a few dollars.

I went through: Ordered two E8400s, before they arrived, my P5K died from a bad flash, then my Q6600 was sold on Ebay. So I ordered a new mobo, the new mobo didn't have the required BIOS to support the E8400, I didn't have my Q6600 so I had to obtain an E2140 which took about a week to arrive so I could flash the BIOS. When I'd flashed the BIOS, and dropped my E8400s in, both turned out to be duds needing way too much voltage to overclock.
But now things have got better, my P5K is back, my E3110 is here, and some unlucky people now own my E8400s.

Anyway, that's just my story.

Haha, I got the RGB>DVI connector, but it still doesn't work.

I've a headache over this build already.

Going RGB to the monitor (with the LCD in RGB mode) displays "disconnecter"

Going DVI to the monitor (with the LCD in DVI mode) displays "disconnecter"

The difference is when I am using the RGB cables and the LCD being in DVI mode it will display "no signal" and vice versa.

So this leads me to believe that there are signals coming through the DVI port and RGB when they are in the designated mode..though nothing further has come up.

I should mention I had the board RMA'd as well, as I was having a few other issues in early testing, so now this board does NOT have vista installed though the disk is in the drive warm and ready.

***UPDATE***

Just purchased a PCI card, I'll update with the results soon.

....nothing the PCI card is giving the same results as the 4870...sigh

I've tried it in all modes

Bah, I am out of ideas at this point..

If anyone sees this thread, I'll bump it for a few days..until I figure out this damned machine.

Thanks in Advance

Bump - no updates

Back
Top Bottom